Choosing Delica 4 FFG variant

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tonijedi

Re: Choosing Delica 4 FFG variant

Post by tonijedi »

sok wrote:Wait for the K390 version.
pantagana23 wrote: Sorry guys, not looking at non- stainless, and wood handles are too much maintenance.
:confused:
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

pantagana23 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:18 am
Sorry guys, not looking at non- stainless, and wood handles are too much maintenance.

Knifeworks ships to the US only (S90V is also fine).

Basically looking between those 3 models from the first post.
I was only dissapointed that standard VG10 one price got so close to supersteel.

Though the M390 with transport comes close to 180 $ so bigger difference does occur.

That Knifeworks exclusive should be right up your aisle. CPM S90V is amazing stuff - I've been doing a ton of testing recently on S90V and it is a stellar performer. It's more of a "supersteel" than M390 in my opinion.

If you could find some way of getting it shipped overseas I'd go for the KW exclusive. In addition to the great steel you also get that cool blue lined FRN.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Blue painted frn

Steel is still cool
First class shipping to Europe is around $15 and requires customs forms being filled out

I understand why vendors are hesitant
sok

Post by sok »

tonijedi wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:53 am
sok wrote:Wait for the K390 version.
pantagana23 wrote: Sorry guys, not looking at non- stainless, and wood handles are too much maintenance.
:confused:
After seeing this, I went to the original post to see if I had missed anything. After seeing that I didn't miss anything from the OP, I looked further down the thread and saw this other stipulation, and yes I missed it. You are easily confused.

After thinking about it, I stand by my recomendation.
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

sok wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:41 pm
After seeing this, I went to the original post to see if I had missed anything. After seeing that I didn't miss anything from the OP, I looked further down the thread and saw this other stipulation, and yes I missed it. You are easily confused.

Maxamet only then :D
sok

Post by sok »

pantagana23 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:21 pm
sok wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:41 pm

Maxamet only then :D
I just got some Maxamet last week. Still to be determined whether I like it as much as K390. It takes me a couple of months of carry for me to form an opinion.

I think you will be happy with whatever you choose. Even the “lowly” VG-10. It is one of my favorites.
sok

Post by sok »

oops double post.

I’ll use the opportunity to agree that a Sharpmaker should be high on your list to purchase. It is a game changer.