Changing size comfort zone...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
James Y

Re: Changing size comfort zone...

Post by James Y »

lonerider1013 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:18 pm
James Y wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:34 am
.. If you treat it as normal and no big deal, and only quietly use them and put them away, they won’t treat it as a big deal, either.

Jim
Thats kind of my approach too which is why it hasn't been a big deal although I no doubt think about it.
It is funny how we all kind of have this tendency to do what is expected, or what we grew up with. Always had smaller knives so it just took a while for the larger ones to grow on me.
I would argue size or more importantly bulk and weight in the pocket is an issue for me tho. Despite using a knife daily it also has to be unobtrusive to carry. Thank gawd for pocket clips because I used to hate knives rattling around in my pockets lol. And, except in winter I normally wear shorts and they are normally not thick material. So bulkier or heavier knives despite their utility seem a nuisance. The para2 or the endura are sort of perfect; the para2 is wider but still light and thin in the pocket and the endura in ffg is like featherweight and slim. (I have a non ffg endura and the spine is THICK) but I don't carry it as much because the ffg cuts so much better).
Now if only they made a s35vn endura...

lonerider
I never liked thick, bulky knives in my pocket, either. The first knife I bought for myself was a large Schrade stockman back in 1977, and although it’s a good, beautiful knife, it felt like a rock in my pocket at school (yes, back then, many other boys in junior high also carried pocketknives). I quickly found I preferred medium to smaller-sized pocketknives for EDC use.

With modern clip knives, there is more flexibility for carry convenience. I can carry a Military, Police, Manix 2 G10, etc., with no problems. I could even drop an Endura 4 FFG down inside my pocket like an old-school pocketknife without noticing the weight much, and it’s fairly flat.

Jim
lonerider1013

Re: Changing size comfort zone...

Post by lonerider1013 »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:13 pm
lonerider1013 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:18 pm
I normally wear shorts and they are normally not thick material.
HAHAHAHA!
As Jimmy Buffett sang, if we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane...
lonerider
"A fool's blade may be sharper than his brain"
“Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain