Spyderco Caribbean with black hardware?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
curlyhairedboy

Re: Spyderco Caribbean with black hardware?

Post by curlyhairedboy »

It looks like the liner CQI is present as well. Time for me to pull the trigger on one of these soon...
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi BigHaggis,

Welcome to our forum.

I think the knife will break in. Coated hardware is CQI on Salts. Can't help you on the box.

sal
BigHaggis13

Post by BigHaggis13 »

cabfrank wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:48 pm
The date code is weird. I wonder if something simple but silly happened, like the retailer took two out to look at them and accidentally put them back in the wrong boxes. Maybe Sal will come across this and let us know if there are other possibilities.
That’s my guess. I’m not worried about it, any concerns I had are gone. I was was just curious because prior to receiving it I had never seen a Caribbean with black screws and backspacers, so it seemed strange. I’m not sure what the rules are about posting retailers but I got it from Indiana Knives, and I know Eric is as legit as they come.
sal wrote: Hi BigHaggis,

Welcome to our forum.

I think the knife will break in. Coated hardware is CQI on Salts. Can't help you on the box.

sal
Thank you Sal! I’m glad to be here! It’s been getting plenty of pocket time and is smoothing right out. The Para 3 was my first Spyderco with a compression lock, and I got very used to how insane the action is on it. The Caribbean is very hydraulic smooth, where my para 3 almost feels like it’s on bearings. Prior to all these new knives my only spyderco reference was a Native 5. I have a bunch of other brands, but I’m still somewhat new to spyderco. I definitely understand the appeal though.