Native Chief rex45 alert thread.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DOUBLE D

Native Chief rex45 alert thread.

Post by DOUBLE D »

So it's not available at most websites, but it seems optics planet has the rex45 chief available to add to the cart. They also have some other very interesting things that are available to purchase. Such as the s45vn para 3, the spy27 para 3 lightweight, and a mislabeled lightweight manix that has the picture and the specs of a spy27 manix lightweight, but the title and description of the g10 manix rex45.

All things they I haven't seen available at other websites.

And with the code SPRING15, you can get $15 of your order.
VooDooChild

Re: Native Chief rex45 alert thread.

Post by VooDooChild »

This is the third thread they have been mentioned in.
There were some torn opinions on them but I can say I highly doubt they have any of it in stock.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
JMM

Post by JMM »

Just bought the Rex45 Chief, and the $15 coupon code worked, got the paid shipping....
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Estimated to ship within 7 to 16 days.
So not in stock.
Im also not sure if they are an authorized dealer.
Let me know when you get a shipping confirmation.

Im sure they have plenty of production spydercos, but Im not sure if they will get sprints.

I "ordered" one of the sprints from them that was estimated to ship within 2 weeks. I cancelled after a month. Im pretty sure they were never going to get it in stock.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Did it say in stock? I've seen listings on their site that give delivery estimates in multiple weeks, as if they're selling stuff they don't actually have.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JMM

Post by JMM »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:19 pm
Did it say in stock? I've seen listings on their site that give delivery estimates in multiple weeks, as if they're selling stuff they don't actually have.
So it's shipping within 7-16 days, but given the $15 coupon, I figure it's a safe bet even if they start dropping elsewhere tomorrow.

I've bought from them once before and had no issues.

I am on hold with them right now just to completely verify it will indeed ship within the time stated... I'll post up their answer.

Cheers,

John
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JuPaul wrote:
I've seen listings on their site that give delivery estimates in multiple weeks, as if they're selling stuff they don't actually have.
That's exactly what they do. I learned my lesson on some bark rivers knives on their site awhile back. I don't use them bc of that. Heck they even have the benshot rocks glass that is through spyderco website only
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JMM wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:25 pm
JuPaul wrote:
So it's shipping within 7-16 days, but given the $15 coupon, I figure it's a safe bet even if they start dropping elsewhere tomorrow.

I am on hold with them right now just to completely verify it will indeed ship within the time stated... I'll post up their answer.

Cheers,

John
Yep, as long as they don't charge you until it ships (or at least will refund you if they don't get it), then it could be worth the risk for the discount.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Learned my lesson with them too. No they didn't charge me but it's still annoying to be given an estimated ship date that is completely innacurate.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

JMM wrote:
JuPaul wrote:

Cheers,

John
It would be nice to be wrong. But I doubt it will ship within that time. In fact I doubt they will get any in.

They have had the add to cart option on this stuff since they added it to thier site. It has been an option on there for weeks now, they definitely didnt have it or could have even been expecting to get it. Its not like they changed the option after getting confirmation on a shipment, Im assuming.

They wont charge you, so you wont lose any money. But I wouldnt put any eggs in this basket either.
JMM

Post by JMM »

Good to know, their wait time was longer than I wanted to wait, so I chose the option to leave a message which I did. I'll see how long it takes to respond, if they don't get back to me by noon-ish tomorrow I'll call them back... I bought my FRN Chaparral from them when no one else had them and had zero issue with the transaction... I will post up my experience(s) with them as they come...

Cheers,

John
NorthShoreBoiBoi

Post by NorthShoreBoiBoi »

That listing has been up for a few weeks now. I put in an order for the para 3 because their was a coupon two weeks ago and it was supposed to ship on the 3rd of April and now says that it will ship May 6th(in my order view) even though the site says 7-16 days. This site has cancelled my order before, a month or two later, because they didnt have the stock. As others have said its a decent safety pick and they dont charge until it ships
SAF-1

Post by SAF-1 »

On the off chance ?? I ordered last night. Be Safe Guys
JMM

Post by JMM »

So here's the official word... "Expected to be shipped on 05/07/2020." (today)

I will post up as soon as it ships... or doesn't. :)
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

JMM wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:19 pm

Today is 04/07/2020.
JMM

Post by JMM »

SSD_777 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:42 pm
JMM wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:19 pm

Today is 04/07/2020.

LOL, OMG you are right, shows what 3 hours of sleep will do for ya! Well, forget that, cancel time... dang.
bluesmandan

Post by bluesmandan »

BUMP!

What's going on with these knives? I keep waiting, but they haven't hit the stores yet, have they?
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

bluesmandan wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:03 am
BUMP!

What's going on with these knives? I keep waiting, but they haven't hit the stores yet, have they?

Nope, not that I've seen. Still waiting (im)patiently!
~andrew
sherbert4537

Post by sherbert4537 »

When o' when will this happen... I was torn between this and the Shaman Z wear. I've made up my mind to try for this one, however I hope it comes first so I don't reverse my decision should the other ship to dealers first.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

C’mon!!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?