SNK Manix 2 4V Coming....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JMM

Re: SNK Manix 2 4V Coming....

Post by JMM »

TomAiello wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:41 pm
What no s90v? Or Maxamet? ;)
I have S90V in Shaman, Native5, Para3, and Delica, but I am looking for the DLC S90V Manix2 w/the burled/marbled G10...

Maxamet I have in Para3.... that's enough, there are too many better steels that are easier to sharpen and more fun to use IMO
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i missed it. oh well maybe ill find one someday for a reasonable price.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

I’m torn. I really like to have a backup if I’m going to use a knife at work but I really want to rotate this one with my Rex45 so as to compare them. I’m leaning toward putting it in the work rotation and hoping for another drop down the road. Argh...the battle between my inner collector and pragmatic user sides.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Burton Knut wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:32 am
I’m torn. I really like to have a backup if I’m going to use a knife at work but I really want to rotate this one with my Rex45 so as to compare them. I’m leaning toward putting it in the work rotation and hoping for another drop down the road. Argh...the battle between my inner collector and pragmatic user sides.
Use that baby!!! 4V loves to be used! The DLC will protect it from scratches as well. I can't wait to put mine to use and see how it compares to my Rex45...which has come out on top of my weekly rotation the past 8 weeks. (4V Shaman was a close 2nd)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86207
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Burton Knut wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:32 am
I'm with Rick, 4v is an awesome hard use steel (based on my experience with the Shaman). With that said, I feel your pain. I've had the same inner conflict with the Rexwood Shaman...I want to use and abuse the rex45, but at the same time I want to keep those pretty scales pristine. Tough call! At least with the rex45 there will be a g10 version soon that could serve as a better beater. Hopefully there with be more 4v coming soon, too.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
razorburn

Post by razorburn »

JMM wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:52 pm
TomAiello wrote:
I have S90V in Shaman, Native5, Para3, and Delica, but I am looking for the DLC S90V Manix2 w/the burled/marbled G10...

Maxamet I have in Para3.... that's enough, there are too many better steels that are easier to sharpen and more fun to use IMO
Early in the year,I saw the exact same burled g10 Manix at a dealer for the map price of $162.Sorry to tell you..... Just a few months late.
JMM

Post by JMM »

razorburn wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:05 pm
JMM wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:52 pm
TomAiello wrote:

Early in the year,I saw the exact same burled g10 Manix at a dealer for the map price of $162.Sorry to tell you..... Just a few months late.
I've come to a similar conclusion in my searches, there's usually one or two of them up on ebay for ~$300 bucks, but occasionally one will show up for $200, I think that's probably my best bet at this point... just have to have the proper auto-searches defined and be patient, which while a virtue, I suck at.

:p
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm starting to think that Sal should discontinue SNK's dealership. I'm really not sure I'll ever buy another knife again. This one nails everything I have wanted, and I find my desire to buy any other knives has fallen to zero. There's no telling how many sales this knife is going to cost Spyderco.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

TomAiello wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:43 pm
I'm starting to think that Sal should discontinue SNK's dealership. I'm really not sure I'll ever buy another knife again. This one nails everything I have wanted, and I find my desire to buy any other knives has fallen to zero. There's no telling how many sales this knife is going to cost Spyderco.
I haven't used mine yet, but I'm thinking I'm on board with you! Between this and the Shaman version, there's really no need for anything else :p

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TomAiello wrote:
:D I keep asking myself why do I need this new knife when I have all these other perfectly great knives. Been trying to think of ones I can move on to new homes but I like 'em all too much.

Got my shipping notification for the Manix 2 4V today BTW
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:28 pm
TomAiello wrote:
:D I keep asking myself why do I need this new knife when I have all these other perfectly great knives. Been trying to think of ones I can move on to new homes but I like 'em all too much.

Got my shipping notification for the Manix 2 4V today BTW
I feel ya Pat. I used to be able to buy and knife and easily decide which one to unload. I've now bought 7 straight I think?? Without unloading a single one. I really love my collection I've got right now, it's tough!

I actually purposely decided to carry my OD Green PM2/S30V today to see if I could decide to get rid of it, since I've got a Rex45 as well...but nope, can't get rid of my 1st ever PM2. Especially in this color combo. JUST CAN'T DO IT!

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:35 pm
I actually purposely decided to carry my OD Green PM2/S30V today to see if I could decide to get rid of it, since I've got a Rex45 as well...but nope, can't get rid of my 1st ever PM2. Especially in this color combo. JUST CAN'T DO IT!
Ha! I carried mine at work yesterday for the same reason. I came to same conclusion. That one actually replaced my first ever PM2 (S30V all black) and I bought it because I like it. Same with my S30V Para 3. I carry that one at work often because I like it. I have "better" versions but I like the fact that it's from the first run of Para 3's
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:50 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:35 pm
Ha! I carried mine at work yesterday for the same reason. I came to same conclusion. That one actually replaced my first ever PM2 (S30V all black) and I bought it because I like it. Same with my S30V Para 3. I carry that one at work often because I like it. I have "better" versions but I like the fact that it's from the first run of Para 3's
Yep, the last two months have really put a hurtin' on my one-in-one-out rule. There's just not much I want to part with right now, and that's equal parts awesome and terrible. As I feared, I got the upgraded Smock, but now I'm really not wanting to sell the OG. And 2 manixes came in, but none are going out...gotta make some tough choices soon.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

So many exclusives and sprints in great combos lately, kudos to Spyderco and all the distributors. Tugging at our wallets and heart strings haha! These 4V sprints are a virtual lock as keepers.

-Rick
attila

Post by attila »

Congrats to you all... I missed out on this 4V and am jonesing really hard. :(

I’m just not willing to pay crazy secondary market prices when I have more knives than I need already. So, I just sent a message to StNKnives asking if they’re gonna release a LW version.

Hey, Pat, you have any info on their future releases?
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

$280+ for a snk manix or $280 for a province - almost 7" of 4v!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

GarageBoy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:43 pm
$280+ for a snk manix or $280 for a province - almost 7" of 4v!
Both!

I do love the Province, but honestly if I could only have one or the other I'd go with the SNK Manix, because I can carry it every day.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Carrying it every day is one thing, but have you seen a Province? The Manix 2 could be replaced by the Para 3 or Shaman in 4V just fine, and then you’d have a Province.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I would totally trade a Crucarta Shaman (or a 4v Shaman if I had one to trade) for a Province, but I wouldn't trade this Manix. It really just ticks all the perfect boxes for me.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

attila wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:36 pm
Congrats to you all... I missed out on this 4V and am jonesing really hard. :(

I’m just not willing to pay crazy secondary market prices when I have more knives than I need already. So, I just sent a message to StNKnives asking if they’re gonna release a LW version.

Hey, Pat, you have any info on their future releases?
All I know at this point is the PM2 should drop sometime in the near future. I'm also hopeful we'll see a Manix 2 LW or Native 5 LW at some point down the road. That's only wishful thinking at this point though. As big of fan as I am of the N5 LW, I'd actually prefer to see a Manix 2 LW instead. Might sound crazy but I'd prefer a M2 LW over the G10. We tried to encourage them to do a couple LWs. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they listened.