SNK Manix 2 4V Coming....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wes

Re: SNK Manix 2 4V Coming....

Post by wes »

Got my order in. I have a few of the 4V mules but no folder. Good stuff!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:10 am
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:07 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:04 am
Phew!! Got it when only 7 were remaining! Now, it must do battle with the Rex45 Manix for Manix supremacy!
I just got one, too! And yeah, btw this and the rex45, it'll be a manix death match. ;)
Nice! I was worried for you for a minute there when I didn't see you post, and thought how I haven't seen from you yet today!
Yeah the ferrier pulled away from my barn at like 11:50, so it was close! But thankfully I get good cell service at the barn. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:56 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:04 am
Phew!! Got it when only 7 were remaining! Now, it must do battle with the Rex45 Manix for Manix supremacy!
I just got one, too! And yeah, btw this and the rex45, it'll be a manix death match. ;)
Nice! I was worried for you for a minute there when I didn't see you post, and thought how I haven't seen from you yet today!
Yeah the ferrier pulled away from my barn at like 11:50, so it was close! But thankfully I get good cell service at the barn. ;)
For their Lil' Native exclusive I was in the doctor's office ordering via my laptop & iphone hot spot, but managed to pull it off :)
Last edited by DougC-3 on Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

steelcity16 wrote:
They have got this thing figured out. Website smooth as silk. Quantity available right there to watch. Plenty of time to buy (>2 mins is more than enough time). Great stuff St Nicks! :D

Now keep the 4V coming! Go ahead and lock in the Delica, Dragonfly, Jester, SE Lil Matriarch, SE Dodo, Native LW, and Manix LW in this combo! :)
Don't let 'em forget the Manix 2 XL !!
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

DougC-3 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:17 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:56 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:

For their Lil' Native exclusive I was in the doctor's office ordering via my iphone hot spot, but managed to pull it off :)
For that one I was at my kids' open house for school! Ah, school...the good ol' days.
- Julia

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DougC-3 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:20 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
They have got this thing figured out. Website smooth as silk. Quantity available right there to watch. Plenty of time to buy (>2 mins is more than enough time). Great stuff St Nicks! :D

Now keep the 4V coming! Go ahead and lock in the Delica, Dragonfly, Jester, SE Lil Matriarch, SE Dodo, Native LW, and Manix LW in this combo! :)

Yes! I would love a Manix 2 XL! I would REALLY love a throwback C95 Manix in this combo though! Either would be great, but to bring back the original C95 with dino jimping in this combo would be incredible!

Where is Vivi when you need him to back up the Manix XL/C95 ideas!?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I liked it better when the minimum was 1200. On the other hand, if 500-600 knives sell out in 2 minutes then making 1200 would have maybe stretched it to 5 minutes. The demand is just way up. Knives are super popular now.

Too bad that many of these dealers doing these tiny but popular runs won’t order a second run. It moves some of the dealers down my list of preferred vendors which is unfortunate because they are commissioning these runs for publicity yet it is turning some folks away.

Anyway, I’m just one guy/customer but I am getting disenchanted.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:28 pm
I liked it better when the minimum was 1200. On the other hand, if 500-600 knives sell out in 2 minutes then making 1200 would have maybe stretched it to 5 minutes. The demand is just way up. Knives are super popular now.

Too bad that many of these dealers doing these tiny but popular runs won’t order a second run. It moves some of the dealers down my list of preferred vendors which is unfortunate because they are commissioning these runs for publicity yet it is turning some folks away.

Anyway, I’m just one guy/customer but I am getting disenchanted.
I actually think 1200 pieces now is the minimum. I'm assuming St. Nicks placed this order with Spyderco before they implemented the 1200 piece minimum.
-Nick :bug-red
attila

Post by attila »

I really want to enjoy some Spyderco 4V, and I’m just hoping against hope for a Manix LW in this combination! It‘d be my only remaining chance to get this color and steel combo with a CBBL.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:25 pm
DougC-3 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:20 pm
steelcity16 wrote:

Yes! I would love a Manix 2 XL! I would REALLY love a throwback C95 Manix in this combo though! Either would be great, but to bring back the original C95 with dino jimping in this combo would be incredible!

Where is Vivi when you need him to back up the Manix XL/C95 ideas!?
I would love a throwback C95 Manix too, partly because I'm tending to file off the liner jimping these days, but probably wouldn't do it on a DLC knife. Also, I wouldn't mind it if they used the thinner XL blade in a C95 remake.

My order number was 5685. Anybody know were that would have been in the 2 minute period? I was trying to go slow and keep down the adrenaline burst, which causes typos. Luckily I let the google fill in all the credit card info, which was instantaneous.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

VooDooChild wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:28 am
Was going to say hopefully they will do another order on these 4v models.
A re-order of this Manix with 1200 units would be something I'd personally do if I had control of this exclusive combination. I'd also re-run PM2 and PM3, and probably look at the Military too. I think they should also do the Manix XL, and the Lightweight Manix and Native.. Even if they sold out in days instead of minutes, it would be a business win.
JMM

Post by JMM »

I just got my shipping notification & USPS tracking number from St. Nicks... I'm impressed!
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
if 500-600 knives sell out in 2 minutes
I wonder why more stores don't do exclusives. They almost always sell very well, it's kind of like free money. If you can order 500, sell them in a matter of minutes, and make probably $20 each, that's a pretty good profit for very little work.

This was really surprising. Historically the Manix2 sprints were not that popular. Yes the PM2 would sell out quickly, but other models typically didn't. I figured there was a 50/50 chance that they would not even sell out this day. Particularly when the TV news keeps saying that 9 out of 10 Americans have their income affected by the virus and a record number of people are out of work. There are a lot of people somewhere with lots of money, the likely most of the ones that were sold were sold to people who will try to flip them for profit. I haven't been seeing very many people trying to sell knives and other types of goods because they are low on money.

I read a lot about people wanting a Manix 2 XL in good steel, but those were never that overall popular. Back when they were available they didn't sell very fast and when I tried to sell one NIB it took months to sell at original price.

Maybe someone will commission a Manix 2 in 10V.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Just tracked down a 4v shaman. Glad to see the manix moved!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bdblue wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:10 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
I wonder why more stores don't do exclusives. They almost always sell very well, it's kind of like free money. If you can order 500, sell them in a matter of minutes, and make probably $20 each, that's a pretty good profit for very little work.

This was really surprising. Historically the Manix2 sprints were not that popular. Yes the PM2 would sell out quickly, but other models typically didn't. I figured there was a 50/50 chance that they would not even sell out this day. Particularly when the TV news keeps saying that 9 out of 10 Americans have their income affected by the virus and a record number of people are out of work. There are a lot of people somewhere with lots of money, the likely most of the ones that were sold were sold to people who will try to flip them for profit. I haven't been seeing very many people trying to sell knives and other types of goods because they are low on money.

I read a lot about people wanting a Manix 2 XL in good steel, but those were never that overall popular. Back when they were available they didn't sell very fast and when I tried to sell one NIB it took months to sell at original price.

The Manix has definitely been hot with sprints/exclusives the past year or so. Seems like once DLT had great and fast success with their 20CV version, others have taken off as well and sold out one the same day of release, or even within hours or minutes.

I wonder if REC will do a Manix in 10V? They just did well with the PM2 in both satin and dlc.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:04 pm
bdblue wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

The Manix has definitely been hot with sprints/exclusives the past year or so. Seems like once DLT had great and fast success with their 20CV version, others have taken off as well and sold out one the same day of release, or even within hours or minutes.

I wonder if REC will do a Manix in 10V? They just did well with the PM2 in both satin and dlc.
I certainly don't need one, especially after getting this one today, but I'd absolutely buy a manix in 10v or k390. Hoping BBS or REC already has one in the works!
- Julia

JMM

Post by JMM »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:55 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:04 pm
bdblue wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

I certainly don't need one, especially after getting this one today, but I'd absolutely buy a manix in 10v or k390. Hoping BBS or REC already has one in the works!
[+1]

Heck yeah, I am completely with you on that, 10V or K390 in a Shaman or Manix, DLC or Satin, any scale material or colour, I will absolutely buy the moment they're available from whoever is running them...
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TomAiello wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:46 pm
VooDooChild wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:28 am
Was going to say hopefully they will do another order on these 4v models.
A re-order of this Manix with 1200 units would be something I'd personally do if I had control of this exclusive combination. I'd also re-run PM2 and PM3, and probably look at the Military too. I think they should also do the Manix XL, and the Lightweight Manix and Native.. Even if they sold out in days instead of minutes, it would be a business win.

The problem with rerunning is that they only maybe get 2-4 exclusives per year based on the capacity at the Spyderco factories. So just rerunning these all again means it may be years before we see something new like the Manix LW, Native LW, Manix XL, Dodo, Dragonfly, Native, Military, etc.

I feel like we all have the opportunity to buy one, and if you really need this particular knife in your life above all the other hundreds of Spydies out there then paying a little premium in the secondary market shouldn't be too big of a deal for a grail knife.

I like variety. I'm totally anti-reruns. :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:51 pm
The problem with rerunning is that they only maybe get 2-4 exclusives per year
My favorites are Manix2 and PM2, so 2 exclusives per year covers that! Add one for Military and then the pie-in-the-sky Manix2 XL and that's still just 4. Now paying for 4 high end exclusives in one year is another challenge.
razorburn

Post by razorburn »

[/quote]

My order number was 5685. Anybody know were that would have been in the 2 minute period? I was trying to go slow and keep down the adrenaline burst, which causes typos. Luckily I let the google fill in all the credit card info, which was instantaneous.
[/quote]

I just got a shipping notice and tracking #.My order # was 5574 which is somewhere past the one min mark