K390 ladybug alert thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jazz

Re: K390 ladybug alert thread

Post by Jazz »

I hope it looks like the pics there. Color looks way better.
- best wishes, Jazz.
LouisSeacamp

Post by LouisSeacamp »

Here's one for you!
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

speedseeker wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:46 pm
Ladybug is the only Endura/Delica family model I'm not planning on picking up. Really looking forward to the Wharnie versions too. Here's hoping we see an Endela Wharnie in K390!
Not to derail the thread but, I hope we see one too. A Wharnie Endela in VG10 would be amazing, but one in K390 would be perfect :D
Justin :spyder:
VG10

Post by VG10 »

sal wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:09 am
tbdoc4kids wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:50 pm
Will we see any SE edges in k390? I am curious about toughness in SE. I still have an SE zdp-189 Endura.

Hi Tbdoc,

We're testing now to see if it will hold a tooth. It is very difficult to serrate requiring dressing the serration wheel every 2 or 3 applications.

sal
They always find that one thing that will make me order another knife.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

In stock at GP Knives.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
SpyderCuse

Post by SpyderCuse »

DLT too.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I knew this knife was small, but specs and pics on the net fail to convey how small this knife is. And yet, it is perfectly useful allowing for two fingers to get a really good grip and a third to perch. I like the color, reminds my of 2-cycle outboard oil. That’s a good thing in case you weren’t sure. Mine did not come with an even bevel, not is it particularly sharp, so I’ll be breaking out the sharpie, hand lens, and cbn sharpmaker rods first thing. I ordered from National Knives, and it shipped wrapped in a microfiber cloth inside a small cardboard box, smaller than the small USPS Priority box. You couldn’t ask for better packing!

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Looks good.

Can anyone tell me when to expect the Dragonfly, going by past run times?
- best wishes, Jazz.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

A Dragonfly K390 hasn’t even been “revealed” yet.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

When will the Military in K390 drop? :p
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

After it’s in a Reveal! 😉
JMM

Post by JMM »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:42 pm
If I didn't know any better, you kinda-sorta like Millies, just a wee bit... :p
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:15 pm
I knew this knife was small, but specs and pics on the net fail to convey how small this knife is. And yet, it is perfectly useful allowing for two fingers to get a really good grip and a third to perch. I like the color, reminds my of 2-cycle outboard oil. That’s a good thing in case you weren’t sure. Mine did not come with an even bevel, not is it particularly sharp, so I’ll be breaking out the sharpie, hand lens, and cbn sharpmaker rods first thing. I ordered from National Knives, and it shipped wrapped in a microfiber cloth inside a small cardboard box, smaller than the small USPS Priority box. You couldn’t ask for better packing!
Yep they are small. While totally usable with the 2 finger grip, I added a paracord fob to my hawkbill LB and did the same to this one.

-Turbo
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

RamZar wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:26 pm

You guys aren't understanding the question, so don't worry about it.
- best wishes, Jazz.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Jazz wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:53 am
RamZar wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:26 pm
You guys aren't understanding the question, so don't worry about it.
Hi Jazz, for the last V-Toku2 sprint run, the Dfly came out 4 months after the Ladybug. For the HAP40, the Dfly was released a month prior to the Ladybug. I’m guessing it’s very likely to be announced (as I think RamZar was partially implying) in the next Reveal coming hopefully very soon. My guess is this summer, early fall we’ll see this Dfly? Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:01 am
Hi Jazz, for the last V-Toku2 sprint run, the Dfly came out 4 months after the Ladybug. For the HAP40, the Dfly was released a month prior to the Ladybug. I’m guessing it’s very likely to be announced (as I think RamZar was partially implying) in the next Reveal coming hopefully very soon. My guess is this summer, early fall we’ll see this Dfly? Cheers, Radioactive :)

Thanks, bro. Exactly what I meant. So, it does seem to not be a specific pattern. I'll just have to be patient. I want the Dfly and the wharnie Delica.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

JMM wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:33 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:42 pm
If I didn't know any better, you kinda-sorta like Millies, just a wee bit... :p
Who knew? I certainly do after using one for a bit :cool:
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

My ladybug’s getting a reprofile to 15dps. One side looked good, the other was definitely >15. I circled the area where you can see how much more material was taken on the right bevel vs the left, where I’m concentrating all my effort to start:

Making progress on the cbn rods, using the sharpie to show me my progress under 10x magnification:

PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:14 pm
My ladybug’s getting a reprofile to 15dps. One side looked good, the other was definitely >15. I circled the area where you can see how much more material was taken on the right bevel vs the left, where I’m concentrating all my effort to start:

Making progress on the cbn rods, using the sharpie to show me my progress under 10x magnification:

A FFG LB at 15dps, that'll be a good slicer! Let us know how it performs :)

Has anyone gone to a lower dps on theirs? I've heard nothing but good things about K390 and it's edge stability.
AHarbuck

Post by AHarbuck »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:14 pm

Godspeed!

Pls report back with results and how much effort. Mine came with some degree of unevenness in the bevels, hard to tell if as much as yours without my loupe which is packed away at the moment, but nothing hair-raising. Regardless, looking forward to seeing how useful this little thing is.

Already wondering how I will sharpen this. I don't think my KME clamp can't handle something this small. I guess you all need to convince me to get a Sharpmaker...