Bring Back the Catcherman?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JohnAPA
Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:12 pm

Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby JohnAPA » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:52 pm

I have the toxic green USO sprint run but I don't want to use it because it has collector value. I would think an H1 or LC200 with black or yellow FRN would be relatively inexpensive to produce and a bit hit. :)

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby Sumdumguy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:02 pm

An FFG Catcherman in LC200N, would get my money, times two, atleast.

JohnAPA
Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:12 pm

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby JohnAPA » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:21 pm

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:02 pm
An FFG Catcherman in LC200N, would get my money, times two, atleast.
Me too. Wouldn't that be kick ***? Probably bad timing due to the release of Gringo's folder.

If I can't find one on E-Bay soon I'm just going to say F-it and bring the toxic green to Out Back Steak House. When this **** has blown over, course.

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby Sumdumguy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:43 pm

JohnAPA wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:21 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:02 pm
An FFG Catcherman in LC200N, would get my money, times two, atleast.
Me too. Wouldn't that be kick ***? Probably bad timing due to the release of Gringo's folder.

If I can't find one on E-Bay soon I'm just going to say F-it and bring the toxic green to Out Back Steak House. When this **** has blown over, course.
Nah, two different styles. This is a specialized knife, rather than a general EDC. They can cohabitate.

I know what you mean, I would kill to be able to sit down at the Texas Roadhouse and enjoy a meal...
I love to cook, but sometimes it's nice to be cooked for.

JohnAPA
Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:12 pm

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby JohnAPA » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:51 pm

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:43 pm
JohnAPA wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:21 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:02 pm
An FFG Catcherman in LC200N, would get my money, times two, atleast.
Me too. Wouldn't that be kick ***? Probably bad timing due to the release of Gringo's folder.

If I can't find one on E-Bay soon I'm just going to say F-it and bring the toxic green to Out Back Steak House. When this **** has blown over, course.
Nah, two different styles. This is a specialized knife, rather than a general EDC. They can cohabitate.

I know what you mean, I would kill to be able to sit down at the Texas Roadhouse and enjoy a meal...
I love to cook, but sometimes it's nice to be cooked for.
Nothing wrong with eating at home while appreciating a Spyderco!

User avatar
Mini2white
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:26 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby Mini2white » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:03 pm

I love the Catcherman. My son is an avid fisherman and would love one to use, so if it came back I know I'd be two at least.

LC200N in a nice bright colour, but not yellow. Lime green is fantastic if not the toxic green.

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby Sumdumguy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:17 pm

Mini2white wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:03 pm
I love the Catcherman. My son is an avid fisherman and would love one to use, so if it came back I know I'd be two at least.

LC200N in a nice bright colour, but not yellow. Lime green is fantastic if not the toxic green.
I prefer yellow. It's easy to dye any color, including toxic green.

Tdog
Member
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:04 pm
Location: The woods of Florida

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby Tdog » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:50 pm

I'd definitely be in for two of the Catcherman in LC regardless of color.

User avatar
kennethsime
Member
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: California

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby kennethsime » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:37 pm

JohnAPA wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:21 pm
Probably bad timing due to the release of Gringo's folder.
Wait, what's Gringo's folder?
Lost to the Ages: C90GRE Stretch 1 ZDP-189 British Racing Green | C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189 British Racing Green
C12BK2W Matriarch 2 VG-10 Emerson Open | C81G2 Para Military 2 S30V

Currently Rotating: C81GPRGR2 Para Military 2 K390 Ranger Green | C223GPRGR Para 3 K390 Ranger Green
C90FPIV2 Stretch 2 Straight Spine, VG-10 Rit Dye'd Dark Apple Green | C223GP Para 3 S30V Green Canvas Micarta
C41BORE5 Native 5 Lightweight REX 45 Burnt Orange | C223BORE Para 3 Lightweight REX 45 Burnt Orange
C101GY2 Manix 2 Lightweight Maxamet Gray | C28GFG Dragonfly VG-10 Foliage Green

User avatar
Theldraskien
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:00 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby Theldraskien » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:58 am

The Siren

VooDooChild
Member
Posts: 701
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 am

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby VooDooChild » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:36 pm

Im all for another catcherman.

But I cant help but wonder, what if spyderco just made an actual fillet knife.

User avatar
sal
Member
Posts: 13026
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Golden, Colorado USA

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby sal » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 pm

If we were to make a folding filet knife, I would ask Phil Wilson to design it.

sal

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby Sumdumguy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:35 pm

sal wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 pm
If we were to make a folding filet knife, I would ask Phil Wilson to design it.

sal
This would be acceptable. 100%

skeeg11
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby skeeg11 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:45 pm

sal wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 pm
If we were to make a folding filet knife, I would ask Phil Wilson to design it.

sal
Finally! That's the answer I was looking for. :) Seeing as how you've already brought it back once, I was willing to bet that you weren't a "third time's a charm" type of businessman and that you'd start from scratch with a new platform. I have my own ideas as to what I'd like to see as probably most fishermen do, but I completely defer to Mr. Wilson.

User avatar
Holland
Member
Posts: 6930
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:37 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby Holland » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:14 pm

sal wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 pm
If we were to make a folding filet knife, I would ask Phil Wilson to design it.

sal
I guess that would be okay...

;) :D
-Spencer

drew2872
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:33 pm

Re: Bring Back the Catcherman?

Postby drew2872 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:49 pm

I still have my original that I bought in 1992 in a yellow handle. Why yellow instead of black, or maybe brown, I cannot remember the options. So I could find it easier if I set it down on the ground. I just sharpened it for the first time since I have owned it because it was finally getting dull in a couple of places. I love this knife as it is very useful. I would probably crap at the price someone would probably offer for it.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 22 guests