1) Did you purchase a Mule Team knife in the past?
— Yes, a good portion of all of them at one point. Now I’m down to just the Damascus and K390 ones.
2) Did you put a handle on it?
— All had/have Halpern scales on them, most of which were the 3D option 4 versions that I sanded the texturing off. I have a few flat option 5s left in fancy materials. Marianne and I interacted quite a bit here on the forum years ago when I was posting my pics of them, and she was kind enough to send me new materials they were trying for free.
3) Did you make or buy a sheath?
— Yes, just two though from Christina at SheathPro. One for the 3D Halpern scales and one for the flat Halpern scales. Keeping it in the family, Sal!
4) Did you test the performance of your Mule?
— By “testing” do you mean “cut stuff”? Then yes, did I perform exhaustive rope cut tests? Absolutely not, I do wish my life allowed me to do stuff like that.
5) Did you test the performance against other Mule Team knives?
— Not specifically to cross-compare them.
6) Did you share your experience/findings with the Spyderco forum?
— Yes, more so about my experiences with Marianne at Halpern and Christina at SheathPro versus how X metal cuts better than Y.
Very glad to see the Mule team saddling back up! Hopefully Marianne knows this so TRM can start making more scales!