TazKristi wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:43 pm
As most of you know, the Mule Team will be returning in the future. We'd love to ask you some questions that could assist us with our plans. If you purchased a Mule Team previously, please take a few moments to answer the following questions. Please copy and paste the questions into your reply. I'll keep this pinned at the top of General Discussion for a while to give everyone an opportunity to complete it. We appreciate your help!
1) Did you purchase a Mule Team knife in the past?
2) Did you put a handle on it?
3) Did you make or buy a sheath?
4) Did you test the performance of your Mule?
5) Did you test the performance against other Mule Team knives?
6) Did you share your experience/findings with the Spyderco forum?
1) yes, I purchased several Mule Team knives.
2) I put handles on 5 or 6 MT knives, all homemade. Cork, ebony, canvas micarta were the materials I remember using..
3) I made two sheaths designed for knives in drawers, rather than worn on body.
4) yes, one was on kitchen duty for a year and another I use in my wood shop.
5) not really. Several I gave away as gifts.
6) I shared my experience with the 9Cr18Mo kitchen mule on this forum, in reply to a direct question from Sal. Of all the Mules, that one gave the most bang for the buck. I retired it from kitchen use because the blade was thicker behind the edge than our other kitchen knives, and short. The MT platform makes a better shop, bushcraft, or mechanic’s knife than kitchen knife, in my opinion.