Native 5 g10 rex45 alert thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderGrill

Re: Native 5 g10 rex45 alert thread

Post by SpyderGrill »

Still in stock at BHQ 9 hours later.

No love for the G10 version?

I like mine, fit and finish is perfect!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It's got to be the price point. Count me in, I can't justify the additional $50 for the G10 over the LW...when the Manix, a superior model is around $40 less in G10 and a few dollars cheaper once the LW version comes out.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Its a shame too because that g10 is so much better looking in person than in pictures.

Manix being superior is always debateable but its price point does make me jealous. Dont even get started on the price of the military.

Anyway, yeah the g10 looks great.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Johncjeff

Post by Johncjeff »

Maybe the market is over saturated with Rex 45? Since January we’ve had the Pakkawood Shaman dealer exclusive, Manix 2 Sprint, a couple of Para 3 dealer exclusives, Para 3 LW Sprint, Native LW, and Native G10, with 3 more sprints to come (let me know if I overlooked a model). I’m not complaining. I’ve bought a couple of the ones mentioned above, and will at least buy 1 more of the sprints to come. Just pointing out that there has been a lot of Rex 45 become available since January.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:47 pm
It's got to be the price point. Count me in, I can't justify the additional $50 for the G10 over the LW...when the Manix, a superior model is around $40 less in G10 and a few dollars cheaper once the LW version comes out.
Yea I can see the $52 increase might be a no go for some. I was going for the LW in the beginning for the price difference.

The G10 version scales are stronger than my Native 5 Salt, cant squeeze them together. Plus it has phosphorous-bronze washers. Is that worth an extra $52? I dont know.

I really like both versions of mine, each have different perks.

And yes I love the Manix 2
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Johncjeff wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:05 pm
Maybe the market is over saturated with Rex 45? Since January we’ve had the Pakkawood Shaman dealer exclusive, Manix 2 Sprint, a couple of Para 3 dealer exclusives, Para 3 LW Sprint, Native LW, and Native G10, with 3 more sprints to come (let me know if I overlooked a model). I’m not complaining. I’ve bought a couple of the ones mentioned above, and will at least buy 1 more of the sprints to come. Just pointing out that there has been a lot of Rex 45 become available since January.
Im thinking of trying to get the Chief,,,,,,,,, it might be more difficult? Maybe people are holding out for this one? Its a large knife but I would like to have one. The lil native is tempting also, but here comes the Shaman! Then dont even mention the Bombshell!
Johncjeff

Post by Johncjeff »

SpyderGrill wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:43 pm
Johncjeff wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:05 pm
Im thinking of trying to get the Chief,,,,,,,,, it might be more difficult? Maybe people are holding out for this one? Its a large knife but I would like to have one. The lil native is tempting also, but here comes the Shaman! Then dont even mention the Bombshell!
Lil Native has been my Rex 45 target since Reveal 4 was released...
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

In stock at Knife Center!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Cutlery Shoppe. G10 and lw in stock.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

If anyone is looking for a deep carry clip for this knife, the Lynch clip that's made to go around the lanyard hole on the Para 3 fits the contour of the Native 5 nicely...much better fit and feel than a standard deep carry clip.

Lynch

MXG
-Turbo