REX45 Lil' Native Alert Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Molle Ninja

Re: REX45 Lil' Native Alert Thread

Post by Molle Ninja »

BornIn1500 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 pm
Molle Ninja wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:59 pm
The reAson I buy several is to get one without lock stick and with a centered blade. Sometimes quantity is needed.

So you're already planning on returning or flipping 2 of them?
Not at the moment, no. I already promised to give someone here the scales off of one of them.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I don't think they hate the player as much as the game haha
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

koenigsegg wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:49 am
I don't think they hate the player as much as the game haha
Nice!

People get so salty about the fact that sprint runs are limited, and that the value of the knives goes up on the secondary market.

Supply and demand drives pricing everywhere. I am glad to buy something that goes up in value once bought. It’s a rare occurrence with anything.

Would these same people sell their house, stock, or any other tangible purchase at a loss based on this same principal? I hope none of them runs a business or a 401k portfolio.
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

Don't take the bait folks, pretty obvious what's going on here :rolleyes: Let's get this back to an alert thread.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Meow
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Molle Ninja wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:46 am
SSD_777 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:45 pm
Molle Ninja wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:59 pm

The reAson I buy several is to get one without lock stick and with a centered blade. Sometimes quantity is needed.
I never realized that a centered blade made a knife cut so much better. We can't have any lock stick, it's so important to the intended purpose of a cutting tool. You're probably a flipper too.

I'll be lucky to get one, and I know the quality will be just fine because it's coming from Spyderco.
Yeah, I guess I should have mediocre standards for everything I buy. Seems like a winner’s philosophy. Why strive for the best version of something when you can just take whatever comes, as long as it cuts? I’m glad you don’t work on the Spyderco quality control team.
Yeah, your perfectly centered blade is going to cut so much better than the "mediocre" one that's .005" off centerline at the tip that was unevenly ground. I'm also glad that I don't work for Spyderco's QA team, I very much enjoy my aerospace machinist job holding .0002" tolerances.
There are some things that matter, and the blade centering on a $129.50 knife isn't that critical in the grand scheme of my life. There's a huge difference between a knife and managing retirement and property investments. It's too bad you worry so much about the small stuff that you're okay with others in the knife community being shut out because you need multiples to guarantee "perfection". Enjoy using your 3 knives. Hopefully I get one.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

If attention to detail and aesthetics (blade centering) and tactile feel (smooth lock) are inconsequential to you, then maybe you should stick to gas station knives.

I worry about the small stuff, of course. In every aspect of my life.

I’ll enjoy the 3 knives that I paid for, and will enjoy knowing that maybe I deprived you of the opportunity to own one.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Molle Ninja wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:23 pm
If attention to detail and aesthetics (blade centering) and tactile feel (smooth lock) are inconsequential to you, then maybe you should stick to gas station knives.

I’ll enjoy the 3 knives that I paid for, and will enjoy knowing that maybe I deprived you of the opportunity to own one.
Wow. Welcome to my ignore list. I modified my original response to your smarmy I got 3 post, giving you the benefit of the doubt, but now see I was spot on. Classless.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

araneae wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:52 pm
Molle Ninja wrote:

Wow. Welcome to my ignore list. I modified my original response to your smarmy I got 3 post, giving you the benefit of the doubt, but now see I was spot on. Classless.
My life will never be the same with you ignoring me. I saw your snotty post when you first posted it. Get over yourself—its a knife.

You and the other sensitive individuals got all upset that I said I bought three of these. You wrote nasty responses, not me. The mechanical engineer above who doesn’t appreciate details—but has plenty of opinions about people who do—was rude for no reason. Indeed I hope he doesn’t get one of these because he was rude and assuming.
Mstach07

Post by Mstach07 »

Time to move past all this, and
Keep this the alert-only thread.
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Molle Ninja wrote:

I literally laughed out loud at that joke of a response, particularly the last sentence. It won't be the end of my world if I don't get one, we all know that one or two Spyderco knives could probably last a lifetime if used properly, and correctly maintained.
I trust the employees at Spyderco will continue to manufacture their products to the best of they're ability. When the final products end up in my hands, I know they will be within the specifications required for proper fit, form and function. A centered blade doesn't mean anything in the actual use of the knife. You must be a safe QUEEN kind of gal. Unlike you, I've never owned a gas station knife.

I apologize to everybody for continuing to derail the thread. I'll post a link if I see this in stock anywhere. Have a great day!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Yikes, guys. Please don't get this thread closed as many other people are counting on these alerts.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Bragging about getting multiples of a knife that's difficult to obtain is poor form. Now we can move on :)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Darn lost it in checkout
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Same here. I couldn't help myself...
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Maybe I did snag it somehow. Just got an email from them with a confirmation. I haven't paid yet, so who knows.

O.o

-Thomas Jefferson
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

Damnit, just missed another run, was an hour late.
"stay puft."
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Deadwood says back in stock.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Not willing to pay over map...
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut