I Have a Problem

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BoydDroid

Re: I Have a Problem

Post by BoydDroid »

The knife came in a day early (yesterday). It’s a beauty and extremely sharp out of the box. I’ve decided I don’t care fore the DLC coated blade as much.
~Brian
Kapara
SpydieChef
Manix 2 - Brown G-10 - M390 - DLC Blade - C101GPBNBK2
Manix 2 - Red G-10 - CPM 20CV - C101GPRD2
PM2 - Purple G-10 Cruwear
Smock - CPM S30CV

"A gentleman is someone who knows how to play the banjo, but doesn't" Mark Twain
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Welcome to the Family, BoydDroid! :)

The Spyderco Manix 2 is a beautiful and functional knife. I like the knife, although I'm still quite fond of the original Spyderco C95 Manix. :)
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Welcome aboard! You're in great company!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
James Y

Post by James Y »

My Manix 2 is DLC-coated, and I like the coating. On the Manix 2, not only is the blade coated, but most of the hardware as well, unlike most models with DLC-coated blades, which are only coated on the blade. The DLC is also very durable, and so far it’s the only blade coating on folders that I like.

I remember someone (it might have been Vivi) who posted that his Manix 2 XL, which was DLC-coated, was far more corrosion-resistant than his uncoated knives (except for Salts). Even though a Spyderco representative once told me that DLC does NOT increase corrosion resistance, but is only for ‘light discipline.’ And Vivi (if it was him) had stated that he experienced corrosion in the inner workings of many of his knives, but not his Manix 2 XL.

Jim
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

My first Spydie was a Manix 2 LW with the blue FRCP scales. Many knives later I haven’t bought one since a Smock last year, but that’s the longest period of time without a Spydie purchase in years. I think there’s a Shaman in my future. However there’s a Michael Walker I am looking for too! I too have a problem.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
BoydDroid

Post by BoydDroid »

I like the Smock too, but I can't convince myself I want to spend that much.
~Brian
Kapara
SpydieChef
Smock - CPM S30CV

"A gentleman is someone who knows how to play the banjo, but doesn't" Mark Twain
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

BoydDroid wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:46 pm
I like the Smock too, but I can't convince myself I want to spend that much.
I had the same thing happen to me when it came to the Spydiechef. I knew I wanted one but spending the money was the only hold back. My Wife fixed that problem and ordered me my first one. Then a year later she ordered me a second one. I like it so much I get giddy when I go play in the water because it won’t rust. Also it doesn’t seem to stay in my pocket either. If I am sitting down or like right now on the forums it jumps out of my pocket right into my hand. All Spyderco knives seem to have that problem. I have carried a Spyderco in my pocket 10 plus year’s. The addiction never ends but I wouldn’t want it any other way. Welcome to the Family.
BoydDroid

Post by BoydDroid »

I *TOLD* you I have a problem.

Proud new owner of a Smock. It came in yesterday. I've read/watched about several reviews that had negative things to say about it. I find very little to complain about.

OK I'm done buying knives...for at least a couple months.
~Brian
Kapara
SpydieChef
Smock - CPM S30CV

nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

BoydDroid wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:29 pm
I *TOLD* you I have a problem.

Proud new owner of a Smock. It came in yesterday. I've read/watched about several reviews that had negative things to say about it. I find very little to complain about.

OK I'm done buying knives...for at least a couple months.

After reading the thread from start to now, with the acquisition of the Smock, you have come full-circle my friend. :)

But then, the rabbit hole's just getting started! :D
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet