Thank you Spyderco!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Thank you Spyderco!

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

I want to thank Sal and Eric and Taz and everyone else for the last few years starting year 2012.

You have given me my favorite hobby.

I also want you to know in these current times I expect nothing more from you.

It looks like the times of plenty are over.

Against my better judgement I have purchased a REX45 Native and a S90V CF Native in the last week.

These will be my final purchases until Humanity recovers from the effects of wanton over population and fools who gather in large numbers on Florida’s beaches.

If I survive I will purchase more Spyderco Knives.

If not it has been one **** of a ride and Spyderco has been a highlight of my life.

Thank you.

This is my final post until brighter days.

I have spoken :)
208 tim

Re: Thank you Spyderco!

Post by 208 tim »

I agree with you on most counts. My regret is, I didn't start using quality knives sooner. I'm completely enamored with Spyderco knives. Over the last five months, I've been playing catch up. Dang you Spyderco! I'm sorry I missed out on the Ulize. I'm not really in a position to buy as of Wednesday. We shall see.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Whatever, Tim,

Thanx much. Keep in mind that we do it all for you.

I have confidence and faith in the American people to get this sorted,............................... one way or another.

sal
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Thank you Sal, Eric, and your wife and who ever was along for the journey. I love and admire the history how you became what you are today.

I will admit, last year I thought whats so great about a knife with a hole in the blade, they all look the same!

I have 14 now and 1 in the mail. By far my favorite knives.

Keep at it,,, looking forward to the future
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

@Doeswhatever: You WILL survive and I am looking forward to reading more posts of yours! :):
(I live not too far from Italy, and we see and read a lot how tough and heartbreaking the situation there is. Still: Compared to the number of the entire population, and compared to the number of people who sadly would have died anyway the number of casualties, though high and tragic, is still low enough that statistically there is not much severe risk for any individual person .
That being said: It is also crystal clear to see how important it is to strictly follow the temporarely imposed restrictions, rules, lockdowns, in order to protect vulnerable persons!!)

Now, more on topic: I also want to thank Spyderco for the great products, innovations and just the way this company is run and keeps in touch with us customers and Spyderheads ;)
In this rather though times, where I have to stay at home at lot and am required not to meet any other people, it is funny how soothing it is to have my beloved and familiar Spydies around me.. I play around with them quite often, and even use them a lot more for food prep than I would do normally... :)

Last edited by Wartstein on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The wheel in the sky keeps on turning. There are brighter days ahead. Just keep enjoying life, every day you are above ground is a gift.

With 100% honesty I can say that I fear only one thing in this world and it is a bit of a paradox. The only thing I fear is fearful people. I’m growing tired of the hysteria. Cooler heads always prevail.

Do whatever you gotta do. Recite the serenity prayer, read some philosophical mediations or do some yoga. I don’t really care how someone does it but fear and hysteria are doing nothing good for anybody.

Positive thoughts create positive actions and positive actions create positive outcomes. Be positive. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Gratitude is a wonderful thing to express in even the best of times, but it's especially important in fearful moments.

Thanks to Sal and everyone else at Spyderco for living out their values and providing the highest examples of conduct.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:32 am
The wheel in the sky keeps on turning. There are brighter days ahead. Just keep enjoying life, every day you are above ground is a gift.

With 100% honesty I can say that I fear only one thing in this world and it is a bit of a paradox. The only thing I fear is fearful people. I’m growing tired of the hysteria. Cooler heads always prevail.

Do whatever you gotta do. Recite the serenity prayer, read some philosophical mediations or do some yoga. I don’t really care how someone does it but fear and hysteria are doing nothing good for anybody.

Positive thoughts create positive actions and positive actions create positive outcomes. Be positive. :)

Great points everywhere Darby, maybe you should be a member of the media to try and calm everybody down! ;)

btw...how are you feeling now compared to a few days ago, health wise?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
anycal

Post by anycal »

It is not what happens to us, but how we react to it. That is who we are.

Thank you Spyderco, for the variety of great models, especially the Golden made ones.
Peter
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Much better! My cough is gonna linger for a while. That is normal with bronchitis. I don’t know if I had it or not because they refused to test me. I am feeling better though.

I am a bit of a hermit. I live in a very rural town of about 400 people. I only work with four people and I don’t interact with the public at work at all. Being socially distant is easy for me if I need to do it. The one bar in town is closed anyway.

I am definitely an essential employee so no matter how this goes I need to work. Other than work I am gonna spend a bunch of time shooting in the backyard or fishing with my son. Gonna go for a hike with the family tomorrow too. Life goes on!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
208 tim

Post by 208 tim »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:32 am

Very insightful! I fear hysterical people as well. However, as of now everyone seems to be carrying on as usual around here. With the exception of a few items being ransacked as soon as they hit the shelves. Went to Home Depot, two different Lowe's, WinCo twice, Fred Meyer three times and Rc Wiley we found what we wanted. Every place we went seemed pretty chill. Some people were wearing gloves and some masks. Went to Costco too. Man that's a lot of running around. Be safe everyone.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:19 am
@Doeswhatever: You WILL survive and I am looking forward to reading more posts of yours! :):
(I live not too far from Italy, and we see and read a lot how tough and heartbreaking the situation there is. Still: Compared to the number of the entire population, and compared to the number of people who sadly would have died anyway the number of casualties, though high and tragic, is still low enough that statistically there is not much severe risk for any individual person .
That being said: It is also crystal clear to see how important it is to strictly follow the temporarely imposed restrictions, rules, lockdowns, in order to protect vulnerable persons!!)

Now, more on topic: I also want to thank Spyderco for the great products, innovations and just the way this company is run and keeps in touch with us customers and Spyderheads ;)
In this rather though times, where I have to stay at home at lot and am required not to meet any other people, it is funny how soothing it is to have my beloved and familiar Spydies around me.. I play around with them quite often, and even use them a lot more for food prep than I would do normally... :)
Black Forest Ham?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Took me a long time to get on the Spyderco wagon and wish I had sooner as there are some great knives I missed out on. This company does some great stuff. Sounds like listening to you all has something to do with it...

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 pm
Wartstein wrote:

Black Forest Ham?
My money's on speck!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:23 am
Much better! My cough is gonna linger for a while. That is normal with bronchitis. I don’t know if I had it or not because they refused to test me. I am feeling better though.

Good to hear! :)

Sometimes I wonder how long this virus actually is around already: I had all symptoms of Corona-Virus in late January (when no one was talking or thinking about it), a cough, shortage of breath, feeling very tired and weak, and so on (never, ever had something like that before). Could not do any of my usual activities (running, mountaineering, even light hiking) for a week or so, but still went to work (where I don´t have to be physically active a lot)...
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

The Meat man wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Black Forest Ham?
Marulaghost wrote:
The Meat man wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
My money's on speck!

Guys, I can´t pick a winner, sorry! ;) :D

When I wrote my post, I just quickly searched my phone for any Spydie-food-prep-pic I might still have, and this was the first one to come up. So it is an older one, and I can´t recall what exactly the meat is. Anyway, I got it from a local farmer, I guess he actually would sell it as "Speck" (which is bacon in English?!), though it tastes more like ham (which is "Schinken" in German)
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:26 am
The Meat man wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Black Forest Ham?
Marulaghost wrote:
The Meat man wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
My money's on speck!

Guys, I can´t pick a winner, sorry! ;) :D

When I wrote my post, I just quickly searched my phone for any Spydie-food-prep-pic I might still have, and this was the first one to come up. So it is an older one, and I can´t recall what exactly the meat is. Anyway, I got it from a local farmer, I guess he actually would sell it as "Speck" (which is bacon in English?!), though it tastes more like ham (which is "Schinken" in German)
Looks tasty anyway. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

I think speck is closer to prosciutto than bacon.

Still delicious delicious pig, that wonderful, magical animal that gives us bacon, ham and pork chops.