Knifejoy Exclusive SMOCK!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive SMOCK!

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:40 am
Tabo wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:32 am
I wanted a black Lynch clip but see they are out of stock everywhere so when ahead and ordered a MXG one.
Have you tried to order directly from Casey? I don't even bother trying to buy them from dealers. I just send Casey an email to verify he has what I need (he usually does) and then place my order via PayPal
Yep! That's how I got the 2 that I have. Even wrote me a little note on his business card he sent with the clips, along with some stickers.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tabo wrote:
I wanted a black Lynch clip but see they are out of stock everywhere so when ahead and ordered a MXG one.
Have you tried to order directly from Casey? I don't even bother trying to buy them from dealers. I just send Casey an email to verify he has what I need (he usually does) and then place my order via PayPal

I figured since he didn’t have black ones for sale on his website (I double checked before placing the order at MXG) that he wouldn’t have any in stock. Is that usually the case when you emailed him?
andrewu750

Post by andrewu750 »

I ordered from him a while back when he site showed no stock. Just sent him an email and sent me clips out real quick. Great guy to do business with
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Tabo wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:42 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Tabo wrote:

I figured since he didn’t have black ones for sale on his website (I double checked before placing the order at MXG) that he wouldn’t have any in stock. Is that usually the case when you emailed him?
I don't think there were any showing available anywhere (including his site) last time I ordered from him. Yet when I sent him an email he said he had almost all finishes available. I know he's added a few finishes since then but my guess is he'll have most of the basics in stock.

He really is a great guy to do business with. I once received a black one that had some finish issues and he replaced it without question. IIRC I had ordered two different finishes that time and he actually replaced both of them even though I only had a problem with one
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tabo wrote:
Casey has been “SOLD OUT” for a couple weeks. I’m waiting on a reply to an email from earlier today checking on their status. As of March 2nd they were at the finishers and he was expecting them completed in the next couple weeks.

ETA: Just got my tracking number!!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Is it quiet in here? Did anyone get one?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I did.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Eh, it needs a lot of modification to be something I'd want to use.

If the price was right, the required mods would be less of a barrier.
Tabo wrote:
Oh my goodness, I was scrolling through and almost spat my drink on the screen.

Your username, in Tagalog, means... something different.
Great laugh!
Last edited by Sumdumguy on Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I'm still on the fence. If I hadn't just bought a rex native and a 10v pm2, I'd probably have pulled the trigger on this already. I've got micarta scales on my s30v smock, so I'm thinking about using those with the 20cv blade and selling the original. Just can't decide if it's worth the effort to have 20cv. Arg...
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:38 pm
I'm still on the fence. If I hadn't just bought a rex native and a 10v pm2, I'd probably have pulled the trigger on this already. I've got micarta scales on my s30v smock, so I'm thinking about using those with the 20cv blade and selling the original. Just can't decide if it's worth the effort to have 20cv. Arg...
As much as I like 20CV and it's analogs I don't think they're enough of a step up from S30V to justify the effort. I might feel different after it was all said and done though
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:36 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:38 pm
As much as I like 20CV and it's analogs I don't think they're enough of a step up from S30V to justify the effort. I might feel different after it was all said and done though
Yeah, I'm leaning that way. And I'm also worried I'd have a hard time parting with the original, so wouldn't re-coup any funds. ;) We'll see if they're still available tonight...how long can my willpower hold??
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Cool knife but, the scales feel like they're coated in butter. I can barely get traction to use the flipper tab.
•• Beau
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:53 pm
Cool knife but, the scales feel like they're coated in butter. I can barely get traction to use the flipper tab.
Did you get yours already? Post some pictures if you did please!

Knifejoy claims that this was suppose to be a worker version but I don’t understand why they went with smooth G10 and not textured. Makes me want to go out and buy some micarta scales now.
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:16 pm
Tabo wrote:

Great laugh!
I went and did some research and it gave me a good laugh too! Something to do with a cleaning bucket right? It’s a nickname that I was given in high school due to my last name so I just stuck with it.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Tabo wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:33 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:16 pm
Tabo wrote:

Great laugh!
I went and did some research and it gave me a good laugh too! Something to do with a cleaning bucket right? It’s a nickname that I was given in high school due to my last name so I just stuck with it.
It's their form of toilet paper(and many other cleaning tasks, lol)
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Tabo wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:30 pm
Buddafucco wrote:

Knifejoy claims that this was suppose to be a worker version but I don’t understand why they went with smooth G10 and not textured. Makes me want to go out and buy some micarta scales now.
Maybe a white collar worker.
•• Beau
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:14 pm
Tabo wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:

Thanks the pics!

Not a fan of the smooth g10 so I just ordered some black canvas micarta scales for mine.
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Tabo wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:50 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:14 pm
Tabo wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:

Thanks the pics!

Not a fan of the smooth g10 so I just ordered some black canvas micarta scales for mine.
Agreed, I had no idea it was going to be such a polished finish. Where’d you find the black canvas? I’ve got Putman’s green canvas on my S30V model and would love a different color for this one.