SFO Walk-in Customer Announcement

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

SFO Walk-in Customer Announcement

Post by TazKristi »

We greatly appreciate your loyalty to Spyderco as a customer, so we wanted to reach out to you to update you on the actions we are taking in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our highest priorities are to protect the health and welfare of our staff, their families, and our customers while doing everything possible to continue our normal business activities. With those goals in mind, we have implemented a policy that allows our employees who are able to work from home to do so for the time being. We made this decision based on the guidance of public and private medical experts, who currently recommend “social distancing” to minimize potential exposure to contagious diseases.

Spyderco employees whose jobs do not allow them to work from home, including the skilled workers in our Golden, Colorado factory, have modified their work processes to maintain a safe distance from their colleagues. All employees are monitoring their own health and the wellness of their families very closely and taking every precaution to avoid introducing any type of illness into the workplace. Our cleaning crew has also implemented strict disinfection protocols for all common areas in our facility. All surfaces, particularly high-traffic areas, bathrooms, and doorknobs, are disinfected multiple times per day to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness.

After careful consideration, we have closed the Spyderco Factory Outlet (SFO) store at our Golden, Colorado, headquarters to all walk-in traffic. To ensure that our products remain easily available to local customers at our established in-store discount, we have also restructured our online purchasing procedures. Customers who purchase through Spyderco.com will receive a 25% discount off the MSRP—the traditional SFO in-store discount—for all eligible Spyderco and byrd products. Free shipping is included to all addresses within the state of Colorado. We are also happy to extend this special discount to all other customers who purchase through Spyderco.com. There is no limit on the order amount, but for customers outside Colorado, normal shipping rates apply.

For customers in the Denver area, we have implemented a “curbside pick-up” option. You may either call in your order or place it online and specify “curbside pick-up” in the comments section of your order. When your order is ready, we will call and notify you. You may then pick it up between 9:30-4:30, Monday-Saturday. When you arrive at our location, simply call SFO (303-279-8383 x 107) and one of our employees will bring your order out to you.

Spyderco is committed to doing everything in our power to protect our employees and our customers, while continuing to provide the highest level of customer service. As we implement these changes, some aspects of our business are likely to be impacted. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and assure you that we will respond to your needs as soon as we are able. If possible, we encourage you to contact us via e-mail to make it easier for us to answer you quickly and efficiently.

Thank you for your continued passion for Spyderco products and your patience and understanding during this uncertain time.

Sincerely,

The Spyderco Crew
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Rinzler

Re: SFO Walk-in Customer Announcement

Post by Rinzler »

I'll add that when I was visiting the SFO on 2/27 all the employees were in the atrium having a meeting to discuss corona virus. I haven't said anything publicly because I didn't want that info to negatively affect anyone's company, but now that we are where we're at, I'll say that I'm happy that Spyderco has cared enough for their employees and customers to preemptively take action last month.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thank you for the update, Kristi. It’s encouraging to see some positivity during this difficult time.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Thank you Kristi for the update! And, thank you, Sal, and the Spyderco Crew for what you're doing for your staff, families, and customers. Y'all are going above and beyond for the safety of, and service for, everyone. Thank y'all for all you do!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Thanks Kristi, stay safe and well Spyderco crew!