What are your favorite ~3.5 inch blade / ~3 inch edge 50/50 choil Spydercos and why?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: What are your favorite ~3.5 inch blade / ~3 inch edge 50/50 choil Spydercos and why?

Post by Doc Dan »

ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:12 pm
my dream knife would be a manix 2 salt in lc200n. i also thoroughly enjoy my dragonfly salt.
I agree wholeheartedly.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
gull wing

Re: What are your favorite ~3.5 inch blade / ~3 inch edge 50/50 choil Spydercos and why?

Post by gull wing »

The Deacon wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:03 pm
Love all five of these but, if push came to shove, my favorite among them is still the second from the right because it's the most compact of the lot.

Love the WOOD Paul.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
olywa

Post by olywa »

I'll add some love for the Sage 5 LW. I love everything about this knife.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

For that specification, I like the Stretch 1, the PM2, and the Manix 2 LW. Of the 3, only my PM2 is unmodified. I’ve cut away part of the spine on the Stretch and the Manix was made into a cut-down wave by a buddy. They are all really good, but I adore the pointy tip on the PM2. Interestingly, these three have my three favorite Spyderco locks.
JMM

Post by JMM »

#1 Shaman - The only one of the bunch that truly feels perfect ergonomically regardless of being choked up on or not.
#2 Manix2 - My favourite mid-size, medium-hard duty knife that I am able to use just fine choked up or not, but I usually am.
#3 Para3 - Great ergos in such a small knife, prefer being choked up on, feels awkward if not actually -- I only ever hold it choked up.

Honourable mention to the Sage as I handle & use them pretty much identically as the Para3 (Sage3 CF, Sage3 G10, Sage5, Sage5 LW)

Cheers,

John