Knives you wish that you had kept

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: Knives you wish that you had kept

Post by Evil D »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:53 pm
Evil D wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:42 pm
I miss my Vallotton every time I think about it. For me it's more about ones I never bought that I wish I did.
I had a Vallotton Sub-Hilt converted into a D/A auto and I still kick myself for getting rid of it.

Even though I never used it, I still loved it. You could kill 50 men with that thing and never open the blade! xD

That really sums it up. It was honestly not a great cutting tool but for stabbing the crap out of something I'm sure it would be a monster. I'd love to have a DA version.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Loveless Drop Hunter, green canvas Micarta.
Moran ST23, curly maple with leather and wood sheath.
Spyderco Mariner ( no shackle hole)

All sold to raise money for the original Serrata Project Batch #1...
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I've had a lot come in, and a lot go out. The ones I miss are in the "would like to own again" category in my signature. Currently: Sheepsfoot Caribbean.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Nate

Post by Nate »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:42 pm
For me it's more about ones I never bought that I wish I did.

Definitely have a few of these.

Right now I'm kicking myself a bit for skipping the 52100/dlc Manix 2. Passed at the time b/c I already have 3 Manix 2s, but I really like the color combo and the steel is right up my alley.
:spyder:
attila

Post by attila »

The first two that come to mind that I sold are the BHQ M4 Manix 2 and KW 204p PM2. The Manix was sold to slim down my pile of knives, and the PM2 went because its blade grind was flawed.

The two that I wish I had purchased when available for a good price are the 204p Military ($150 almost NIB) and ZDP Caly 3.5 from Amazon ($70-$75 iirc).
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
acer

Post by acer »

I am happy with my Spyderco collection to date , obviously will add to collection as time moves on. In total there is approximately 15 folders that I would like in my collection that I have previously owned and for one reason or another I no longer own. I am trying hard not to make it a THING to hunt these down , but if they become available ie sprint run , secondary market , good price , I may buy again, but possibly , just possibly there was a reason why I sold them off in the first place, funny how time has a habit of making you forget or fudging the past AT THAT TIME DECISION. So yeah HAPPY WITH MY LOT. Roll on REVEALS👍 Over and in . out.
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Maybe the Nstive I.
Outside of Spyderco, a Sog Seal Pup.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Just had a chance to buy back my old ouroboros. It's in pocket once again! I may attempt to get it rebladed in something other than vg10...
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

My first Spydie, the Worker. A Benchmade 730 CFHS. Sig 220ST.