Your top 10 why?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Robishere

Re: Your top 10 why?

Post by Robishere »

This is interesting.

It seems that the vast majority are a 3 inch blade or smaller, and 85% or more are super steels like M4, Cruwear, cpm20cv, rex45, M390 etc.

There seems to be very little s30v, vg-10, and the ho hum steels and very little of the S90v and s110v.

I am thinking the users out there need to hold an astoundingly good edge and yet be realistic to sharpen or touch up in the field with a pocket stone this far.

In Canada, comparing prices online and in store there is about a $20 difference in s30v and s110v as nobody wants the s110v any more. If it is not chipping, I accidentally scrape it on cement and it is rendered useless till I agonize over it at home. I just quit carrying it. The S90v was almost as bad but they looked pretty with the cf scales. Hence I don’t have any more nor can I be bothered with s45.

I do however like the s35vn as it sharpens up so mice and holds out well but not close to M4 or M390 etc.

The trend also indicates people carry their 3” far more than the 3.5+ in reality. They may own a ton of bigger ones but they do not seem to see use.
Attachments
This isn’t appropriate at work? Its a folding pocket knife come on!
This isn’t appropriate at work? Its a folding pocket knife come on!
“Putting fancy thoughts in a woman’s head is like putting lace on a bowling ball.....no good can come of it.” - Archie Bunker.
acer

Re: Your top 10 why?

Post by acer »

And I thought coldsteel made large folders😁 Really like the look of that ,THIS IS A KNIFE Espada g10.