Kapara in s90v?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JustinB

Kapara in s90v?

Post by JustinB »

I'll start this off by saying that I LOVE my Kapara in every way. It is a pretty perfect light, slim edc folder. It is IMO Spyderco's best option for a super classy, high speed low drag edc folder, which I think puts it in direct competition to the Benchmade 940, specifically the 940-1 model.

This had me thinking about a carbon fiber Kapara, in s90v, and how it would really perfectly match the 940-1 in terms of materials, and outshine it in terms of cutting performance.

I have never been disappointed in the performance of s30v, and it is a great baseline steel, but I think s90v will help push the Kapara into being the PERFECT folder :D
Justin :spyder:
Sharp Guy

Re: Kapara in s90v?

Post by Sharp Guy »

I think it's pretty much perfect with S30V. IMO S90V wouldn't make it any more perfect
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:30 am
I think it's pretty much perfect with S30V. IMO S90V wouldn't make it any more perfect
You have a point, I'm just being pedantic :D
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

If it came dressed up in S90V or LC200N and Ti liners I would be all over it!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Justin,

The model is fairly new and we're watching reaction in the market place before moving too fast on variations.

sal
behinDedge

Post by behinDedge »

And what about sprints is there a chance to see some?
Please make one in LC200N :p
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

sal wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:28 pm
Hi Justin,

The model is fairly new and we're watching reaction in the market place before moving too fast on variations.

sal

That's fair sal, like I said, just spitballing :p
I'm more than happy with my Kapara as is for now :spyder:
sal

Post by sal »

Ali is a gifted designer and I'm sure we'll see more of his work at Spyderco.

sal
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

sal wrote:
Hi Justin,

sal
For what it’s worth, just want to throw another voice in here saying I’d be VERY interested in a Kapara in an even more exciting steel. I’m a huge fan of the original and it’s been in my pocket a lot. Been dying to try both s90v and lc200n, and it seems like either would be a great fit for the model.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

aaronkb wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:48 am
sal wrote:
Hi Justin,

sal
For what it’s worth, just want to throw another voice in here saying I’d be VERY interested in a Kapara in an even more exciting steel. I’m a huge fan of the original and it’s been in my pocket a lot. Been dying to try both s90v and lc200n, and it seems like either would be a great fit for the model.
Agree 100%. Love the original and would be all over an exclusive/sprint with an upgraded/different steel (M390, LC200N, etc.) and different scales (green micarta would be amazing).
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Kapara's must be selling good. They have been Out Of Stock in the Spyderco Online Store for over a year.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
DukeNiemand

Post by DukeNiemand »

For what it's worth, I absolutely love the Kapara, but I've been holding off on buying one until there is a version in a more wear resistant steel. LC200N, S90V, S110V, M390 would all be an instant buy for me.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

sal wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:38 pm
Ali is a gifted designer and I'm sure we'll see more of his work at Spyderco.

sal
I'd love to buy more knives of his design. I kept buying other knives simply because other sharp and shinys caught my eye. When I finally ended up with a Kapara I was very impressed. So much so, mine has been on loan to my friends more than I have had it so they can appreciate how great it is.

I should have bought 2 :)
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I think LC200N makes more sense.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
elena86

Post by elena86 »

SPY27 and cobalt blue G10 please :spyder:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
araneae

Post by araneae »

Hopweaver wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:26 pm
Kapara's must be selling good. They have been Out Of Stock in the Spyderco Online Store for over a year.
CQI models shipped out at the start of this year so it definitely hasn't been out of stock for a year. It is available now at most dealers.

The Kapara is very nice, but already expensive and an upgraded model will be even more so. Collaborations really have to sell well to stick around, get new variants and sprints. I'd wager the small runs of the Kapara are doing well, but aren't quite popular enough to be classics like the Goddards, Lums, PPT, etc... Time will tell.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
emanuel

Post by emanuel »

I would like it in S90V also. It's a great steel with Spyderco's ht.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

emanuel wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:14 am
I would like it in S90V also. It's a great steel with Spyderco's ht.
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

araneae wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:34 pm
Hopweaver wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:26 pm
CQI models shipped out at the start of this year so it definitely hasn't been out of stock for a year. It is available now at most dealers.

The Kapara is very nice, but already expensive and an upgraded model will be even more so. Collaborations really have to sell well to stick around, get new variants and sprints. I'd wager the small runs of the Kapara are doing well, but aren't quite popular enough to be classics like the Goddards, Lums, PPT, etc... Time will tell.
I was referring the Spyderco Online Store. Because I am a veteran, Spyderco allows me to use the OpFocus program in their Online Store. So I have been checking the store and it is always out of stock. Been like that for at least a year.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I love my Kapara it's amazing, almost like an improved PM2 imo. I think it would be cool if they found a way to drop the liner inside the scale or make a full Ti handle with compression lock built in. I think a super blue laminated blade would be awesome for a food knife but any fancy stainless would also do for me. I'd enjoy S90 or 20CV etc.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut