TeroTuf!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Notsurewhy

Re: TeroTuf!

Post by Notsurewhy »

BobABQ wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:30 pm
I would love to get a set for the back-lock version of the Lil' Native but without any of the screw holes for attaching a pocket clip.
Just glancing at the site, I don't think they offer scales for linerless models like the Lil native back-lock.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:49 pm
BobABQ wrote:
I would love to get a set for the back-lock version of the Lil' Native but without any of the screw holes for attaching a pocket clip.
Just glancing at the site, I don't think they offer scales for linerless models like the Lil native back-lock.
Very sadly, I've never seen micarta or terotuf scales for linerless natives or lil natives. It's a bummer.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
BobABQ

Post by BobABQ »

Yep, it looks like I am out of luck. Not a big deal.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Got a set of the Desert Tan scales for my Delica...

Only had them on for a bit but quick impressions are that they feel light, thin, have a nice texture but feel like they may be fragile.

I'm having a bit of a fitment issue that I think is related to the Flytanium backspacer so I need swap out to the stock backspacer and see if that fixes the centering. If so, then figure out why the brass backspacer is giving me trouble.

-Turbo
fixall

Post by fixall »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:53 pm
Notsurewhy wrote:
BobABQ wrote:
Very sadly, I've never seen micarta or terotuf scales for linerless natives or lil natives. It's a bummer.
I'm actually having a set of orange TeroTuf scales with the front flipper mod being made for the REX45 Lil' Native right now. :)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bbturbodad wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Only had them on for a bit but quick impressions are that they feel light, thin, have a nice texture but feel like they may be fragile.

I'm having a bit of a fitment issue that I think is related to the Flytanium backspacer so I need swap out to the stock backspacer and see if that fixes the centering. If so, then figure out why the brass backspacer is giving me trouble.

Interesting. My Navy set for the same knife is currently backordered. Almost makes me want to keep the black backspacer...though I don't think it would look very good. Maybe I'll try a cheap route of spray painting it and adding a clear coat and see what happens :p

Thanks for reporting that though, because I was on the fence about getting that same backspacer.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

fixall wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:55 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:53 pm
Notsurewhy wrote:
BobABQ wrote:
I'm actually having a set of orange TeroTuf scales with the front flipper mod being made for the REX45 Lil' Native right now. :)
Nice! Can't wait to see that!
- Julia

TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

There should definitely be a Chaparral run in TeroTuf. That's the whole design idea behind the Chap series--new and different handle materials.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

bbturbodad wrote:

Those look great, Turbo. I hope the backspacer issue works out. Was your frn black? Imo, that'd still look good with the tan scales.
- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:29 pm
There should definitely be a Chaparral run in TeroTuf. That's the whole design idea behind the Chap series--new and different handle materials.
Absolutely! A terotuf or canvas micarta chap would be great! They all have liners, right? IIRC, the frn version does.
- Julia

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:29 pm

+ 1
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:58 pm
bbturbodad wrote:

Interesting. My Navy set for the same knife is currently backordered. Almost makes me want to keep the black backspacer...though I don't think it would look very good. Maybe I'll try a cheap route of spray painting it and adding a clear coat and see what happens :p

Thanks for reporting that though, because I was on the fence about getting that same backspacer.
The backspacer wasn't the problem. The scales are just a hair thinner than the stock FRN scales so I sanded down the pivot about 1mm and now everything fits perfectly and the action is nice and smooth. I do think the brass backspacer looks nice with the tan scales but if I went with navy scales I think the Titanium one is I'd go for if the plastic one doesn't give you the look you want.

FYI the scales I ordered were also listed as backordered but they still shipped out within a couple days so hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

My "bargain" $52 knife is now about a $175 knife lol

-Turbo
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Ordered some navy blue terotuf scales for my Lil Native comp lock from RC Bladeworks.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:11 pm
Ordered some navy blue terotuf scales for my Lil Native comp lock from RC Bladeworks.
Sweet! Can't wait to see 'em!
- Julia

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I'm intrigued by these and have ordered a pair of the new checkered ones in tan for a Manix 2. I think they have some ready or nearly ready to ship, but they're drilled for right hand clip mounting only. They don't drill the left scale unless you request it. However, they leave a flat place under the clip, so, if you want a left hand clip, that has to be requested before they're made, so I'll have a bit of a wait. I don't mind -- I'm in a similar situation for a pair of gold twill PM2 scales I ordered almost two months ago, coming from Makhachkala, Dagesgtan, Russian Federation :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:59 pm
That looks really good. Solved my only problem with that Sprint run. I usually like colorful knives, but I just can't do orange.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Those look great!! Hope mine for the wharnie Delica look just like these!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

FYI, I oiled the scales to bring out the beautiful blue
Spydergirl88