Mini Paysan

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Flizwit

Mini Paysan

Post by Flizwit »

With a mini Nirvana having been mentioned as something in the works would you guys say it’s possible we may some day see a mini Paysan?

I love the Paysan, have almost pulled the trigger multiple times. I end up always checking it out at my local knife shop.

However it’s just too big, every larger knife I end up buying tends to never find its way into my pants pocket. I will usually prefer 3” and under for any daily carry.

What do you all think?
Own: SpyOpera, Kapara, AEB-L Urban, Techno 2, Cat, S30V Dragonfly 2, REC Lil Native, St. Nick’s Lil Native, V-Toku2 Meerkat, McBee, Cruwear Delica.
Previously Owned: CF Caly3 ZDP-189, Sage 1, Lil’ Nilakka
Want: Birdseye Maple Chaparral, Pochi, LC200N Para 3 LW
Sharp Guy

Re: Mini Paysan

Post by Sharp Guy »

I was all set to buy a Paysan and decided not to for the same reason (size). I figured if I was going to spend that kind of money on a knife it should be something I'd want to carry and, like you, I don't usually carry knives that big. I'd be in for a mini Paysan
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Anything is possible, but I’m not sure the Paysan sales are their...to justify making a smaller version..
Josh
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Half the size, half the price? ;)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:40 pm
one can dream...
rivy

Post by rivy »

Mini Nirvana is in the works?! Yaassss!!
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Drahkis wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:47 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:40 pm
one can dream...
Hahah, right?! I really like the look of the Paysan, but it's way out of my price range.. I would never buy one for that kind of money..

I've never paid more than ~ $220 for a knife (Spydiechef @ $217, I think was the most). There are just so many GREAT knives at or under that price point, it's never seemed worth it to me to spend more.. That and, despite how cool I think the Paysan looks, I feel like the handle would be too narrow to be comfortable in my hand.. I guess I wouldn't know without handling one.. Idk.. I do think a Mini Payson would be cool, but there would need to be a significant price reduction for me to seriously consider purchasing one..

Cool idea.. but I don't think it will ever come to fruition.. as others have mentioned, it just doesn't seem like the demand is there to be worth the run for Spyderco.. But, as I always say..what do I know?, I'm just some guy on the internet..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..