Manix 2 rex45 g10 model

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bloke

Re: Manix 2 rex45 g10 model

Post by Bloke »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:51 am
Sorry to get a bit off topic here everyone, just trying help our buddy Bloke!
Many Thanks, Rick! :)

I think that’s the first side by side comparison I’ve seen of the two knives together. For what ever reason I thought the Manix was much wider when closed, whereas the width seems quite negligible. :cool:

Greatly appreciate your time and effort, mate! Thanks again cause I need more knives, ay? Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha! :p
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:10 am
I’m with you Bloke, if only it was a Military! I missed out on that sprint. :o
Hey Brock, I’d missed the previous Military Sprint so I jumped on the REX45 early and jagged one with a KC preorder. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

Hi everyone! I’m new here and new to spyderco. I’ve done a ton of research on them though. I got a sprint run Manix 2 Rex 45 and it came with a collectors # on the blade. Does that raise or lower the value and should I use the knife or keep it safe as a collectable?
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

In stock at KnivesShipFree

Edit: and gone.
Joey

Post by Joey »

MO-Camper wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:06 pm
Hi everyone! I’m new here and new to spyderco. I’ve done a ton of research on them though. I got a sprint run Manix 2 Rex 45 and it came with a collectors # on the blade. Does that raise or lower the value and should I use the knife or keep it safe as a collectable?
It doesn’t necessarily raise or lower the value, from what I’ve noticed. Some people might pay more for a knife with a number, some might be fine with the price as is, some might want to pay less, and some won’t buy one with a number on it. It seems to me that it is all personal preference.
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

Joey wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:32 pm
MO-Camper wrote:
It doesn’t necessarily raise or lower the value, from what I’ve noticed. Some people might pay more for a knife with a number, some might be fine with the price as is, some might want to pay less, and some won’t buy one with a number on it. It seems to me that it is all personal preference.
Thanks for the advice!
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

The rat race turns me off so badly.

I want one of these but I literally don’t even have the chance to get one. I can’t check the forums every 5 minutes despite wanting to. They come and they go....immediately.

I’m tiring of this.
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:04 pm

I want one of these but I literally don’t even have the chance to get one. I can’t check the forums every 5 minutes despite wanting to. They come and they go....immediately.

I’m tiring of this.
Rather than checking the forums constantly I would suggest going to as many distributor websites and sign up for stock alerts for the Manix. Some will even text you when it is in stock like BHQ.

Godspeed!
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:04 pm

I’m tiring of this.
I really thought these would hang around longer. There didn't seem to be as much interest in the manix as in other rex models in the reveal. Obviously I was wrong. But there are still a few retailers left. Worth checking in on them a few times. It also looks like some dealers have gotten multiple shipments, so don't give up just yet (unless you're just totally over it, of course).
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

MO-Camper wrote:
Congrats on scoring an awesome knife! Personally I prefer not to have a CC number on my knives, but only because I feel like it would eventually be more collectable, and that makes me less likely to really use it. I have no idea if that's true or not - some people hate the CC numbers, some love them - it's just in the back of my mind. With that said, this has obviously been a popular sprint run, so in this case I'd take whatever I could get, then use it and love it!
- Julia

JMM

Post by JMM »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:30 pm
MO-Camper wrote:
Congrats on scoring an awesome knife! Personally I prefer not to have a CC number on my knives, but only because I feel like it would eventually be more collectable, and that makes me less likely to really use it. I have no idea if that's true or not - some people hate the CC numbers, some love them - it's just in the back of my mind. With that said, this has obviously been a popular sprint run, so in this case I'd take whatever I could get, then use it and love it!
+1 [All ^ That]

That is as succinct and on point as possible -- There's nothing wrong with having it, my single favourite EDC knife is a Spyderco Ulize that has a collector number on it, and I use the **** out of it, I wouldn't treat it any different if it didn't have it on it. It seems to very a rather polarizing issue, most folks love it or hate it, not a whole lot in the middle -- I could care less.... Enjoy your knife, it's a great model with amazing steel! (I'm still on the hunt, I keep missing by seconds) :(

Cheers,

John
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JMM wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:03 pm
JuPaul wrote:
MO-Camper wrote:
+1 [All ^ That]

That is as succinct and on point as possible -- There's nothing wrong with having it, my single favourite EDC knife is a Spyderco Ulize that has a collector number on it, and I use the **** out of it, I wouldn't treat it any different if it didn't have it on it. It seems to very a rather polarizing issue, most folks love it or hate it, not a whole lot in the middle -- I could care less.... Enjoy your knife, it's a great model with amazing steel! (I'm still on the hunt, I keep missing by seconds) :(

Cheers,

John
IMO, collector numbers only add extra value to the person who holds that CC#. Otherwise I think they can actually lower the value a little on the secondary market.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:01 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:51 am
Sorry to get a bit off topic here everyone, just trying help our buddy Bloke!
Many Thanks, Rick! :)

I think that’s the first side by side comparison I’ve seen of the two knives together. For what ever reason I thought the Manix was much wider when closed, whereas the width seems quite negligible. :cool:

Greatly appreciate your time and effort, mate! Thanks again cause I need more knives, ay? Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha! :p
No problem buddy! I feel like a lot of people think the Manix is a major pocket hog and shy away from it because of that. It's really not THAT bad! Also the CBBL...which I find very convenient and easy to operate, pretty rare to find outside of the Manix. Worth a try!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

MO-Camper wrote:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forums, MO-Camper! :)
:spyder:

If this is your first one. I'd say, use the heck out of it! Enjoy it. Life is short, and it will make you soooo happy to use it.

Also, as a friendly reminder. This one, is not a stainless steel. So make sure to keep it clean, and rub some silicone oil on it. From time to time.
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:28 pm
JMM wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:03 pm
JuPaul wrote:
MO-Camper wrote:
+1 [All ^ That]

Cheers,

John
IMO, collector numbers only add extra value to the person who holds that CC#. Otherwise I think they can actually lower the value a little on the secondary market.
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I managed to score 3 in this run, each from a different dealer! I'll probably throw this one up for trade when its all said and done. Maybe find some one who will trade for para 2 or 3 with an upgraded steel maxamet, m390, m4, or spy27 when it comes out.
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

SteveMidwest wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:46 pm
MO-Camper wrote:

If this is your first one. I'd say, use the heck out of it! Enjoy it. Life is short, and it will make you soooo happy to use it.

Also, as a friendly reminder. This one, is not a stainless steel. So make sure to keep it clean, and rub some silicone oil on it. From time to time.
yes, first one from spyderco. I have a 556-1 mini grip as my EDC...until now. Thanks for the blade advice. It will be fun comparing this knife with my other and hopefully collecting a few more. The Benchmade is nice, but these spyderco's seem more collectable, you can do more personalization, and at the same time just as functional as an EDC. Overall I'm really liking this brand and community.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

MO-Camper wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:09 am
SteveMidwest wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:46 pm
MO-Camper wrote:

yes, first one from spyderco. I have a 556-1 mini grip as my EDC...until now. Thanks for the blade advice. It will be fun comparing this knife with my other and hopefully collecting a few more. The Benchmade is nice, but these spyderco's seem more collectable, you can do more personalization, and at the same time just as functional as an EDC. Overall I'm really liking this brand and community.
Excellent community here, first class leadership from Spyderco as a company, and awesome knives - you can't go wrong! Welcome!
- Julia

Johncjeff

Post by Johncjeff »

In stock at knife center
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Knifecenter! Go!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

You've got to be freakin kidding me!!!!!!!!!! I had their browser up ALL DAY LONG...saw they put a note up that they are waiting for a larger quantity and will send out emails, IG posts and such when they will be getting their shipment. I close the browser at 1:00...now all the sudden they drop them, I check at 1:23...not available.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick