Manix 2 rex45 g10 model

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Burton Knut

Re: Manix 2 rex45

Post by Burton Knut »

A new member to the family.
This has the smoothest action I’ve seen yet on a Manix from the factory.
I can’t say I like the color as much as I’d hoped, but that’s the bias of an Auburn Man living in Vols country. Aesthetics will be adjusted asap with new scales and matte clips to come.
behinDedge

Post by behinDedge »

Tabo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:29 am
Just got it in today from the SFO. Really liking this orange in person! Attaching a black pocket clip to match the cage lock and we’re good to go for my EDC for awhile.

Awesome! Hoping to score one too :p
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

Tabo wrote:
Just got it in today from the SFO. Really liking this orange in person! Attaching a black pocket clip to match the cage lock and we’re good to go for my EDC for awhile.

Thank you much, for posting this picture Tabo!

When I saw the early pictures of it online. In the Dealer listings, and even from the Shot Show coverage. I noticed then, that the CPM Rex 45 printing was not centered, and that had to just be because, those were early prototypes we were seeing. Now, that I see a true production model for the first time. I have to giggle. :D
attila

Post by attila »

Tabo wrote:

Congrats! I snagged the last one they had, but just barely. I’m looking forward to it arriving sometime this coming week.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

SteveMidwest wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:33 pm
Tabo wrote:

When I saw the early pictures of it online. In the Dealer listings, and even from the Shot Show coverage. I noticed then, that the CPM Rex 45 printing was not centered, and that had to just be because, those were early prototypes we were seeing. Now, that I see a true production model for the first time. I have to giggle. :D
I agree! When I got it in today I noticed that the steel marking on the blade was off-center. I went to a couple of knife dealer websites that have actual pictures of the knife (GPknives and Knifeworks) and checked to see if is was just mine but it seems like all of them are like that.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

That sure does look nice...back on board for the next drop! I hate being such a sucker for the Manix.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Looks like these came and went at St. Nick's. They said they only got a few, though.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

Tabo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:15 pm
SteveMidwest wrote:
Tabo wrote:

I agree! When I got it in today I noticed that the steel marking on the blade was off-center. I went to a couple of knife dealer websites that have actual pictures of the knife (GPknives and Knifeworks) and checked to see if is was just mine but it seems like all of them are like that.

Yes, and the only place I can remember, that had it pictured different. Was at Blade HQ. Maybe they thought it was a one-off/prototype thing, and then went ahead and decided to Photoshop it? :D

This BHQ picture, does match the markings on the Knife Center Rex 45 Shaman. :p
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

I am setup to receive notifications at multiple distributors and haven’t received anything. Have I missed these somehow??
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
jdw

Post by jdw »

I really, really want some REX45. And I really like the Manix platform. I really dislike orange scales enough to avoid it. Please give us something besides orange. I wonder why Spyderco chose such a polarizing color for HAP40 to begin with.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

jdw wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:19 am
I really, really want some REX45. And I really like the Manix platform. I really dislike orange scales enough to avoid it. Please give us something besides orange. I wonder why Spyderco chose such a polarizing color for HAP40 to begin with.
To be fair these are a very subdued orange in person. More like a brown(still orange, just less)

I prefer these over actual orange scales. These look like Fall.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

rybu0305 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:00 pm
I am setup to receive notifications at multiple distributors and haven’t received anything. Have I missed these somehow??
No, you haven't missed it. Looks like only CC club and a few other have gone out. Some smaller dealers and shops sign up to get a very small number of every sprint knife - premiers, I think they call it. Those seem to ship first before the bigger shipments to places like Bladehq.
- Julia

Accutron

Post by Accutron »

rybu0305 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:00 pm
AFAIK they've already dropped at BladeOps (Feb 20), Knifeworks (Feb 21) and St. Nick's (Feb 22).

I missed the BladeOps drop entirely. Two of my friends scored one each from Knifeworks. I managed to get two from the St. Nick's drop, one for me and one for my oldest son.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:23 am
jdw wrote:
To be fair these are a very subdued orange in person. More like a brown(still orange, just less)

+1 here. I actually really like this shade of orange, opposed to the Cutlery Shoppe orange. It really does have a fall feeling to it. They are even more subdued after a bit of use too.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:46 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:23 am
jdw wrote:

+1 here. I actually really like this shade of orange, opposed to the Cutlery Shoppe orange. It really does have a fall feeling to it. They are even more subdued after a bit of use too.
+2. Almost more like a terra cotta color, reminds me of Missouri clay. I don't care for bright Halloween and hunters' orange, either, but this color is great.
- Julia

abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Tabo wrote:

Thanks for the pic! Grab some black screws from the SFO while you are at it ;)
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

I pick up mine today. Got it home sharpened it up on the edge pro and dropped the pocket clip in some pcb board acid to darken it up. It’s ready to go in the pocket for tomorrow.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

Luke2236 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:43 pm
I picked up mine today. Got it home sharpened it up on the edge pro and dropped the pocket clip in some pcb board acid to darken it up. It’s ready to go in the pocket for tomorrow.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Burton Knut wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:56 am
A new member to the family.
This has the smoothest action I’ve seen yet on a Manix from the factory.
I can’t say I like the color as much as I’d hoped, but that’s the bias of an Auburn Man living in Vols country. Aesthetics will be adjusted asap with new scales and matte clips to come.
Nice collection!
- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Tabo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:15 pm
SteveMidwest wrote:
Tabo wrote:

I think all the rex45 sprints have had the off-center Spyderco/Rex45 markings. On the others it looks like they did it to fit better next to the spydie hole, so maybe on these they're just keeping it consistent.

Edit: looking at my other manix models, they're all off-center! Just fits better, I guess.
- Julia