Spyderco Siren Release Date?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mrchimpy

Re: Spyderco Siren Release Date?

Post by mrchimpy »

I'm sorry to hijack this thread with my issue but I can only imagine other lefties will likely deal with this as well. The post on the chicago screw is just firmly stuck inside the G10. I have NO idea how to get it out.

I'd really like to be able to reverse this clip. It shouldn't be this difficult.

LAST EDIT: I used a torch and hammered the loosened clip screw into the post. The post finally gave enough for me to sneak the wire clip under it and retighten the screw. A little disappointed but at least it's done now. If you're a leftie you have your work cut out for you (could just be my copy).
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mrchimpy,

Certainly not normal. You might call Charlynn in customer service and ask her for solutions.

sal
Monty

Post by Monty »

MineCongrats to Lance and thanks to Sal and co for another great design.
Last edited by Monty on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anycal

Post by anycal »

🤷‍♂️

Peter
olywa

Post by olywa »

Nice drivers.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Cool knife.
Was thinking about getting one but I have to resist.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

In stock at Knifeworks and National! :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

back in stock at GPknives also
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Also back in stock at DLT. Just got mine ordered w/rewards points. :D Can't wait to get this in hand and in pocket. Been waiting for this one. Thanks Lance and Spyderco. This one will no doubt cut into the Caly 3.5 carry time. :spyder:
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

https://youtu.be/4krxTP89EMY
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Are the Sirens any less expensive if you buy them disassembled like Peter did? Just wondering, that's all. :D
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:34 am
hambone56rx wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:36 pm
Lance,

The pictures of it “in the wild” look awesome!!! I’ve been wanting a back lock, so this is extremely tempting! How do you recommend closing the back lock in the Siren since it doesn’t have a foward choil (Chief) or a forward ricasso (Delica)? Looking to avoid getting a cut with one handed closing.

I´ve posted these short clips I once made several times already (so those annoyed already, DON`T watch! ;) ), but they could be helpfull should you not know alternative ways to close a backlock one handed. Here are three methods (there are more), each shown one time slow, two times at regular speed:

https://streamable.com/myzlt
https://streamable.com/bhhzs
https://streamable.com/j7fjd

/ Back on the Siren: Think I said it already somewhere else, but I am really hoping for a version in Salt-yellow (or another bright color) and / or FRN... will still get the black G10 version though when I have the funds... :)
Thanks Warstein!

Hamilton
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

hambone56rx wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:44 am
Wartstein wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:34 am
hambone56rx wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:36 pm
Thanks Warstein!

Hamilton

Hope it helped! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
amateur blacksmith

Post by amateur blacksmith »

Does anybody know if all the metal parts in this knife are stainless/LC200N?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

amateur blacksmith wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:59 am
Does anybody know if all the metal parts in this knife are stainless/LC200N?

I am sure they are stainless as in REALLY rustproof since this is a Salt knife
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Finally! A general purpose Jack of All Trades utility folder at a fair price that can be rode hard and put away wet is headed my way to do yeoman's work under most circumstances. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.
amateur blacksmith

Post by amateur blacksmith »

I can't think of a better survival folder.

Decent size, Light weight for size (an ounce an inch), reliable lock back and highly rust resistant. I can't think of any other boxes to tick.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Not a review, the guy in the vid is just showing the Siren, some might like to watch this... looks even better than just on pics!
Comparison to other Spydies at about 07:15

https://youtu.be/D9SuhfZg7OU
Accutronman

Post by Accutronman »

mrchimpy wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:18 pm
I'm sorry to hijack this thread with my issue but I can only imagine other lefties will likely deal with this as well. The post on the chicago screw is just firmly stuck inside the G10. I have NO idea how to get it out.

I'd really like to be able to reverse this clip. It shouldn't be this difficult.

LAST EDIT: I used a torch and hammered the loosened clip screw into the post. The post finally gave enough for me to sneak the wire clip under it and retighten the screw. A little disappointed but at least it's done now. If you're a leftie you have your work cut out for you (could just be my copy).
+1...Absolutely impossible to get the screw out to reverse it
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Accutronman wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:18 pm
mrchimpy wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:18 pm

+1...Absolutely impossible to get the screw out to reverse it
Hey guys, I just got mine today and switched it. I’m not a lefty but I wanted to see how hard it was to switch. I loosened the screw a bit to where the screw head was exposed a little past the scales, then I removed the clip and flipped the knife over on a marble countertop and pushed down and the post moved up enough to insert the clip. It is indeed snug and requires a little bit of downward pressure but there were definitely no hammers required. I think this is probably safer and more effective than any type of punch or hammering. I had the clip switched in under 60 seconds. Hope this helps.

- If you use this technique be careful to loosen the screw only a little so as to minimize the chance of damaging the threads when you push.