Spyderco Siren Release Date?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dano

Re: Spyderco Siren Release Date?

Post by dano »

Awesome backstory/design notes! It's been a very elusive model to locate...so far....
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Someone needs to make some Ti scales.

It would still be linerless... :p
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

Lance,

The pictures of it “in the wild” look awesome!!! I’ve been wanting a back lock, so this is extremely tempting! How do you recommend closing the back lock in the Siren since it doesn’t have a foward choil (Chief) or a forward ricasso (Delica)? Looking to avoid getting a cut with one handed closing.

THANKS & CONGRATS!

Hamilton
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Hi hambone, I still drop the blade onto my index finger. We tried to maximize the cutting edge on the siren so you have to pay a bit more attention to making sure your forefinger is all the way forward against the guard. It IS safe to drop it on the forefinger in that position though. If I can do it safely on a moving kayak with a 50 lb fish flopping in the other hand then it should be considered safe enough. :p
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I'm finding it very difficult not to order one of these.

The blade shape is calling! Maybe I'll get one and hope for some scale options.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

Are these being rolled out soon?

My annual trip to the beach house is coming up and every year I spend at least a week fishing for reds all day every day. It is bliss.

And I need this knife to do it. :D
JaxBaron

Post by JaxBaron »

Can’t wait to finally get a Siren. Hope more are in stock this week. Out of curiosity what type of fish is on the designers mark?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:21 am

My annual trip to the beach house is coming up and every year I spend at least a week fishing for reds all day every day. It is bliss.

Just saw some available at Knifecenter.
JaxBaron wrote: Can’t wait to finally get a Siren. Hope more are in stock this week. Out of curiosity what type of fish is on the designers mark?
Hi Jax, my logo is kind of a loose interpretation of a Roosterfish.
JaxBaron

Post by JaxBaron »

Surfingringo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:01 am

JaxBaron wrote: Can’t wait to finally get a Siren. Hope more are in stock this week. Out of curiosity what type of fish is on the designers mark?
Thanks for the reply. I have carried the Caribbean since they were released. This is one I have been waiting for. I will definitely pick one up ASAP.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

hambone56rx wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:36 pm
Lance,

The pictures of it “in the wild” look awesome!!! I’ve been wanting a back lock, so this is extremely tempting! How do you recommend closing the back lock in the Siren since it doesn’t have a foward choil (Chief) or a forward ricasso (Delica)? Looking to avoid getting a cut with one handed closing.

I´ve posted these short clips I once made several times already (so those annoyed already, DON`T watch! ;) ), but they could be helpfull should you not know alternative ways to close a backlock one handed. Here are three methods (there are more), each shown one time slow, two times at regular speed:

https://streamable.com/myzlt
https://streamable.com/bhhzs
https://streamable.com/j7fjd

/ Back on the Siren: Think I said it already somewhere else, but I am really hoping for a version in Salt-yellow (or another bright color) and / or FRN... will still get the black G10 version though when I have the funds... :)
Last edited by Wartstein on Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Accutronman

Post by Accutronman »

hambone56rx wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:36 pm
Lance,

THANKS & CONGRATS!

Hamilton
+1
Accutronman

Post by Accutronman »

For how to correctly drop the blade, see Eric at about the 2:30 mark in the following: https://youtu.be/Fhjdy3hRzXg
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

JaxBaron wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:09 am
Surfingringo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:01 am

Thanks for the reply. I have carried the Caribbean since they were released. This is one I have been waiting for. I will definitely pick one up ASAP.
That’s great to hear. Let us know how it works for you! Hope you nabbed one. They appear to have gone back out of stock around noon.
mrchimpy

Post by mrchimpy »

I'm having a **** of a time reversing the pocket clip on mine... I can't punch out the other side :(:( Any tips anyone?

EDIT: Never had to struggle this hard to reverse a spyderco clip :( its like the pin on the opposite side of the clip screw is loctited in. Still can't get it and not sure what to do.
Accutronman

Post by Accutronman »

mrchimpy wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:02 pm
I'm having a **** of a time reversing the pocket clip on mine... I can't punch out the other side :(:( Any tips anyone?

EDIT: Never had to struggle this hard to reverse a spyderco clip :( its like the pin on the opposite side of the clip screw is loctited in. Still can't get it and not sure what to do.
Take a hair dryer to the screw for a couple of minutes then try to push the screw out
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
mrchimpy

Post by mrchimpy »

Accutronman wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:32 pm
mrchimpy wrote:

Take a hair dryer to the screw for a couple of minutes then try to push the screw out
No luck.... thanks for the reply. Any other ideas?
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

mrchimpy wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:39 pm
Accutronman wrote:
mrchimpy wrote:

A thin punch through the hole. A few taps and it should pop out.

Edit: I should read better...

-Thomas Jefferson
mrchimpy

Post by mrchimpy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:44 pm
mrchimpy wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:39 pm
Accutronman wrote:
mrchimpy wrote:

A thin punch through the hole. A few taps and it should pop out.

Edit: I should read better...
That's what I thought but it just won't budge. I am straight up hammering the knife into a block of wood with a punch inside the hole. No budging at all. I'm almost beginning to mar the G10. So utterly frustrated I just want to pocket my new knife :mad: