Let’s see your 2 inch/5.08 cm Spydercos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Let’s see your 2 inch/5.08 cm Spydercos

Post by Doc Dan »

I am carrying my Super Blue Manbug today. It has taken a nice natural patina. Is it enough knife?

I actually like the G10 Manbug better. It has a good look and feel.

The Roadie is kinda cool. I’m thinking of getting another and giving it an acute clip point, thus preserving the divots.

Let’s see some if the small Spydercos you all have.

The ubiquitous Vic Alox Cadet is included for size reference.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
pantagana23

Re: Let’s see your 2 inch/5.08 cm Spydercos

Post by pantagana23 »

If I may ask, as I know it's not related to your subject, but how do you carry these knives?

I know when I put a Vic or any other in my pants, it falls down the pocket and I get from comfortable to extra annonyed in 10 seconds, as it always somehow finds the least comfortable position.
Plus you get all the dirt from the pocket in the knife.
Plus it starts tearing your pockets fairly quickly.

Please sell me on one knife without clip.
KnOeFz

Post by KnOeFz »

I have a couple more that I need to take pictures of, like the grasshopper and its siblings, a Clipitool and the Roadie is in my travelbag somewhere.
Small size, big capabilities. The Squeek is my favorite small Spyderco.
Nate

Post by Nate »

pantagana23 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:27 am
If I may ask, as I know it's not related to your subject, but how do you carry these knives?...

Manbug goes on my keys, which usually hang on my pocket when I'm carrying them. Little hard to explain but it works for me.

Baby Horn has a clip but I never use it, rides well in the coin pocket. Same if I'm carrying a cadet or the Kopa sprint I recently picked up.

There are also various leather knife slips on the market. Advanced Knife Bro has featured a couple with an integrated deep carry clip from theclipslip.com
:spyder:
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Doesn’t it annoy all y’all when you have a knife in your coin pocket, and you sit down? Pokes me and makes that carry useless for me.

Pantagana23 - You just get used to it, and pull as much lint out of your pocket as you can, and check inside your knife once in a while for lint obstructions.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Jazz wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:50 am
Doesn’t it annoy all y’all when you have a knife in your coin pocket, and you sit down? Pokes me and makes that carry useless for me.

Nope. Coin pocket works great for me, forget it's there until I need a blade for something.
:spyder:
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Nate wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:05 am
Jazz wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:50 am

Nope. It works great for me, forget it's there until I need it for something.
Works great for me too. I have a Manbug in the coin pocket everyday. In summer when I'm wearing cargo shorts it goes in the bottom of my pocket. They're small enough and light enough that they don't bother me like some other clipless knives would
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Pointy britches

Post by Pointy britches »

Love this little lady, I dont think I'll ever be without one! :spyder:
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Pointy britches wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Sweet. I ordered one of these today. It’s all Bloke’s fault because he keeps showing his off.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Pointy britches

Post by Pointy britches »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:30 am
Pointy britches wrote:

Sweet. I ordered one of these today. It’s all Bloke’s fault because he keeps showing his off.
I agree Doc Dan! I'm mostly a lurker and it was Bloke's subliminal messaging through those pics that made me do it lol! But his claims are spot on! It's an incredibly useful tool in an incredibly small package usable in ANY environment (excluding restricted environments) Oh jeez too many good things to say, I just love it, and I'm sure you will too! But I'll shut up now :D
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Just got my first Ladybug in the mail this afternoon! My initial impressions are mixed.. it seems very well-made, very sharp, and I can see it being entirely useful for small tasks or on a keychain.. but d*mn, it seems almost comically small in my hand.. I'm thinking that I maybe should have opted for the Manbug to fill out the grip a little better.. I will try attaching a fob/lanyard and hopefully that will help me get a better purchase on it.. Pretty cool little knife regardless!

Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Sonorum

Post by Sonorum »

DSH007 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:28 pm
Just got my first Ladybug in the mail this afternoon! My initial impressions are mixed.. it seems very well-made, very sharp, and I can see it being entirely useful for small tasks or on a keychain.. but d*mn, it seems almost comically small in my hand.. I'm thinking that I maybe should have opted for the Manbug to fill out the grip a little better.. I will try attaching a fob/lanyard and hopefully that will help me get a better purchase on it.. Pretty cool little knife regardless!

For me a lanyard is essential on a Ladybug, it completely transforms the knife.
/ David
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Pointy britches wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:22 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Pointy britches wrote:

I agree Doc Dan! I'm mostly a lurker and it was Bloke's subliminal messaging through those pics that made me do it lol! But his claims are spot on! It's an incredibly useful tool in an incredibly small package usable in ANY environment (excluding restricted environments) Oh jeez too many good things to say, I just love it, and I'm sure you will too! But I'll shut up now :D
Ha! He got me, too! I was ordering a few other smaller non-knife things and didn't want to pay $8 for shipping...you all know! So I thought I better try one of Bloke's hawkbill ladybugs. ;) It's on my keychain now with a Vic Classic. It's right up there on the cuteness scale with bulldog puppies and bambi.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha! :D

Doc, Pointy, Julia ...

Mr Glesser is a very, very clever man. The little knife is absolute design genius as you’ll see the more you use it. Not only is it the most versatile and capable knife in a diminutive package I’ve ever laid hands on it’s also unbelievably strong.

When I first got mine I erroneously thought it was a bit of a toy and half heartedly tried to break it cutting the heaviest duty cable ties I could find which I tied to a steel handrail. I managed to crush and roll the PE at the tip, fairly sure I flexed the lock bar and was expecting to pop the pivot pin through the FRN. Not So! It cut the ties! I sharpened the tip back up and the little knife was as good as new till the day I lost it. ;)
Last edited by Bloke on Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Manbug is fuller in the hand, but too much belly
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Old Photo. :)

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
knife__bro69

Post by knife__bro69 »

https://i.imgur.com/8zaM456.jpg

Sorry for the blurry camera quality, I think it was the moisture from it being cold tonight.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Here's a few...
-Turbo
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Pointy britches wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:22 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Pointy britches wrote:

Well, your picture didn’t help my wallet any, either. :D

I am impressed with H1 in a way I’ve not been with other steels. I ignored it for years because I did not need a Salt knife. I was hugely mistaken. This is a true super steel.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

Pointy britches wrote:

Well well well, do my eyes see rust? :D