Why no sprints for the backlock Lil'Native ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: Why no sprints for the backlock Lil'Native ?

Post by steelcity16 »

I'm interested to see the the Lil Native LW is going to be like. If it is a backlock with a wire clip I'd be in for a Cruwear version. Maybe they should release the LW as a production Cruwear model!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I’m one that doesn’t really care for the back lock version simply because there is a comp lock equivalent that I prefer. Had there not been the comp lock I would have probably picked up a back lock. I do wish the comp lock came with the spoon though, I prefer it slightly to the wire.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Mstach07

Post by Mstach07 »

Bump for any dealers reading. Many of us seek exclusives in this model.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Hopefully the Ben Shot rocks glass in the latest reveal was a stealth announcement of a regular production Lil' Native Salt back lock. Maybe that will ignite some more interest in the Lil' Native back lock.
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

its because spyderco makes a ton of lockback only knives and few smaller ones in a better lock,(compression, liner, frame). plus the para 3 and pm2 are really popular and have the better lock that alot of ppl like compression. i would not ever buy a lockback native or lil native or really anything. its better with the liners anyway.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
archangel

Post by archangel »

Sooner or later there will be SPY27 and S45VN versions, I'm pretty sure. Those won't be sprints, but still more options. I don't own a Lil'N yet, so I'd love to see sprints - maybe in M390?
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

archangel wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:10 am
Sooner or later there will be SPY27 and S45VN versions, I'm pretty sure. Those won't be sprints, but still more options. I don't own a Lil'N yet, so I'd love to see sprints - maybe in M390?
Smurf blue G10 and M390 lockback. Just puts a smile on my face :)
rklee

Post by rklee »

Mstach07 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:20 pm
Bump for any dealers reading. Many of us seek exclusives in this model.
I'm another one waiting.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:34 am
its because spyderco makes a ton of lockback only knives and few smaller ones in a better lock,(compression, liner, frame). plus the para 3 and pm2 are really popular and have the better lock that alot of ppl like compression. i would not ever buy a lockback native or lil native or really anything. its better with the liners anyway.
Sure, if you like rust and three screw clips that wobble, liners are great. I tolerate the liners on my Sage 5 LW because the Sage fits my hand so well, and a Sage 5 LW is much cheaper to replace than my Sage 2. I prefer the comp lock to a mid back lock, but I prefer the threaded inserts and liner-less construction of the majority of the current Native 5 line.