Delica, Endura, Endela BlackOut Edition

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sumdumguy

Re: Delica, Endura, Endela BlackOut Edition

Post by Sumdumguy »

ugaarguy wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:32 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:05 am
Personally, I wouldn't buy a coated one(unless it was PVD Purple).

As for S30V vs VG-10, I'd choose VG-10 100% of the time. To me, it performs way better in the field than S30V.

S30V is nice, but the edge retention isn't enough to overcome VG-10's sharpening response.

I've passed on knives because of S30V. I've never passed on a knife because of VG-10.

If I didn't have LC200N, VG-10 would be my favorote all around steel. (LC200N is the champ in my book)
You should try a Vanax blade. :D

I've never passed on a knife because the blade is S30V, even though I prefer steels like LC200N (and now Vanax), or M390 and it's US made analogs on the other end of the spectrum. I wouldn't mind a thinner blade stock VG-10 Native 5 LW though.
I really want too, I just don't have the cashola to get a custom right now.

If Spyderco decides to make a Mule or something, I'd be all over it!

I was looking at buying some Vancron SC, but it was $700 for enough steel(raw steel) to make two knives! O.o
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Blacked out Cruwear versions of all of these Seki models would be fantastic. Or even just TiCN coated Cruwear with a different color FRN like Foliage, OD, etc. Add the Jester, Dragonfly, and Wharnies to this list as well
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JohnNYPD

Post by JohnNYPD »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:51 am
Blacked out Cruwear versions of all of these Seki models would be fantastic. Or even just TiCN coated Cruwear with a different color FRN like Foliage, OD, etc. Add the Jester, Dragonfly, and Wharnies to this list as well
I would be happy with VG10. It’s time tested & has worked
well for me the past 13 years. I like that it’s easy to sharpen and the edge lasts pretty long.