River's Edge PM2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dj moonbat

Re: River's Edge PM2

Postby dj moonbat » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:36 pm

I just don’t get why you’d take one of the most corrosion resistant steels out there and then put a tan coating on it. If it were a black knife, I might buy that it blends in at night. But desert tan? That’s just a way to lose your knife in a sandbox.

Sharp Guy

Postby Sharp Guy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:46 pm

dj moonbat wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:36 pm
I just don’t get why you’d take one of the most corrosion resistant steels out there and then put a tan coating on it. If it were a black knife, I might buy that it blends in at night. But desert tan? That’s just a way to lose your knife in a sandbox.
They're just going for the cool factor
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

PayneTrain

Postby PayneTrain » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:07 am

I'm naturally partial to earth tones so I think it's quite a handsome color combination, WAY better than black blades. I don't need to blend in at night any more than I need to find my knife in a sandbox, so all things being equal I'll take color over the absence thereof any day! More of this, please!

Edit: I should say that black does work when it's in contrast to a bright handle, like green or orange. But yeah, I'm definitely down for more blade colors!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”