River's Edge PM2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dj moonbat

Re: River's Edge PM2

Post by dj moonbat »

I just don’t get why you’d take one of the most corrosion resistant steels out there and then put a tan coating on it. If it were a black knife, I might buy that it blends in at night. But desert tan? That’s just a way to lose your knife in a sandbox.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

dj moonbat wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:36 pm
I just don’t get why you’d take one of the most corrosion resistant steels out there and then put a tan coating on it. If it were a black knife, I might buy that it blends in at night. But desert tan? That’s just a way to lose your knife in a sandbox.
They're just going for the cool factor
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I'm naturally partial to earth tones so I think it's quite a handsome color combination, WAY better than black blades. I don't need to blend in at night any more than I need to find my knife in a sandbox, so all things being equal I'll take color over the absence thereof any day! More of this, please!

Edit: I should say that black does work when it's in contrast to a bright handle, like green or orange. But yeah, I'm definitely down for more blade colors!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Back in stock:

https://riversedgecutlery.com/products/ ... idden=true

$179 - Limit 2

Got one, not sure if I want one, but if I did not buy right now I would not see it again. Figure I can always get my money back if I change my mind. PM2 is not my favorite, but maybe I can trade for a Shaman, we will see.

Good luck.
Last edited by WilliamMunny on Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Still there get it while it’s available
MRj “Weak things break!”
Guts

Post by Guts »

Awesome, finally got one. Surprised they're still in stock at the moment.
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
MidnightCoalCo.

Post by MidnightCoalCo. »

Grabbed myself one too, almost have the full collection now!
:bug-red-white Spyderco enthusiast with way too many to list. :bug-red-white
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I was one of the one's who ordered one last time but REC's system had a glitch and accidentally oversold. They cancelled my order and promised I would be one of first in line for the next run. I've been patiently waiting for a couple years for these to come back. So...about a week ago I received an email from REC saying they're finally getting a run of these and I was able to pre-order at the original price. I got my shipping notice a few minutes ago.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Guts

Post by Guts »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:00 am
I was one of the one's who ordered one last time but REC's system had a glitch and accidentally oversold. They cancelled my order and promised I would be one of first in line for the next run. I've been patiently waiting for a couple years for these to come back. So...about a week ago I received an email from REC saying they're finally getting a run of these and I was able to pre-order at the original price. I got my shipping notice a few minutes ago.
That's awesome of them to keep their promise after how many years, although sucks you had to wait that long.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Sharp Guy wrote:
That is pretty awesome, plus on the good side these have black liners. The original run did not.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Sharp Guy wrote:

I was one of the glitches as well, and passed on the preorder this time around. While I appreciate the offer I gave up on acquiring these exclusives due to the difficulty in ordering and outrageous secondary market prices.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Looks like this version has black liners.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Same here. I was really impressed with this. I also can’t believe 3 years have gone by that fast. Thanks REC!
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

I picked one up as well. I’m shocked they’re still in stock hours later. I’m sure the shadow drop had something to do with it. Still, I bet they must have ordered a large batch.
kirilpetkov

Post by kirilpetkov »

I managed to get a Paramilitary REC in september 2020 :winking-tongue

barnaclesonaboat

Post by barnaclesonaboat »

Super stoked! Talk about shadow-drop, I had no idea this was coming. Thankful I had some restraint when the stormtrooper Manix 2 LW came out earlier this week. This is perhaps my favorite colorway of these types of exclusives, with a steel I have not really tasted. I landed a lil native avo earlier this year, but had to pass it on because lil native + XL glove size just doesn't really equal a user situation. The PM2 is *it*.
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

I grabbed one!! This has been a very expensive week for me seeing as how yesterday grabbed one of the sweet GP knives storm trooper Manix’s.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
Guts

Post by Guts »

kirilpetkov wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:20 pm
I managed to get a Paramilitary REC in september 2020 :winking-tongue

Nice collection. I still need to track down a 10V PM2.
nosuchagency

Post by nosuchagency »

nice; picksd one up as well.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

This is crazy, I did not know these were about to be restocked. I didn't wake up today and know I was going to be buying another knife, let alone a PM2. I almost got the REX45 Manix yesterday but restrained myself. And I was tempted by a Sebenza this morning. But this avocado PM2 has been eluding me for years, and I just had to grab it while it was still around. Thanks for the heads up!