River's Edge PM2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: River's Edge PM2

Post by steelcity16 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:07 am
chrisjohn wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:02 am
Handled better than St. Nicks's. Just saying.
Refresh my memory...what was the issue with any of St. Nick's drops?

EDIT: Never mind I found it :rolleyes:
chrisjohn wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:04 pm
Not a nice and easy check out!

Ordered and in my cart, literally punching in CC info and sent; informed that item was sold out. Pathetic. Lost a customer for good.

Yeah, this happens at EVERY dealer. Cart protection doesn't exist. You still have to check out or you risk having it sell out. Having it in your cart means literally nothing. St. Nick's did nothing wrong or out of the ordinary.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

So I got the oversold email. It says I will be refunded.

How does the reservation for the next drop work? Will they send an email before it happens and allow us to preorder?
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

VooDooChild wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:17 am
So I got the oversold email. It says I will be refunded.

How does the reservation for the next drop work? Will they send an email before it happens and allow us to preorder?

Was wondering this as well. Hopefully there is ample notification before they sell them to the general public. Emails, text messages, voicemails, snail mail letters, etc. It would suck to wait for months only to miss because an email asking you to confirm your reservation was lost in your Spam folder or in gmail's stupid Promotions folder that I never look at.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Ok sorry guys I just checked my email and the shipping notification wasn’t for the REC PM2, it’s for a Smith and Sons Mudbug haha! Time to stop buying so many knives!
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Welp. Just got my email. Next time.
Tiquito

Post by Tiquito »

I got a tracking number saying it’s in pre shipment. I don’t know if I will really get it or not. I will say if not getting a special color of knife when you own other knives, probably if the same model, is enough to get you worked up and angry you should instead be insanely grateful for the wonder life you are living. Being a little disappointed is Understandable and one thing, but the online tantrums after some of these exclusives drop is pretty sad. I do think it is amusing that some flippers may have sold items they won’t get.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Tiquito wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:04 pm
I got a tracking number saying it’s in pre shipment. I don’t know if I will really get it or not. I will say if not getting a special color of knife when you own other knives, probably if the same model, is enough to get you worked up and angry you should instead be insanely grateful for the wonder life you are living. Being a little disappointed is Understandable and one thing, but the online tantrums after some of these exclusives drop is pretty sad. I do think it is amusing that some flippers may have sold items they won’t get.
I would think if you got a tracking number, you SHOULD be safe...and one of the few lucky ones around here. Good for you!

Also yes...I find it hilarious if people tried flipping a knife they never even got!! :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

Tiquito wrote:
Same boat, sounds like if you got a tracking number and order confirmation you should be good though so hopefully just understandable USPS tracking delays.
robis1923

Post by robis1923 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:07 pm
Tiquito wrote:
I would think if you got a tracking number, you SHOULD be safe...and one of the few lucky ones around here. Good for you!

Also yes...I find it hilarious if people tried flipping a knife they never even got!! :p
I take no issue with someone making a profit from the sale of a product, especially if the proceeds are used to fund their hobby, but I do think it is absurd that people are selling items before they purchase or posses them. Those individuals deserve every bit of negative press they receive on eBay or whatever other platform their sales are going thru.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Tiquito wrote:

If you have a tracking # and it's in pre-shipment I would say you are good to go. Pre-shipment means either the label has been printed and REC hasn't had the chance to pack and drop off the 1,000 boxes at USPS yet, or they were dropped off in the back of USPS and USPS hasn't scanned the 1,000 boxes in yet. If they get dropped off in the back of USPS like a lot of bulk shipments, USPS might not scan them into their system until they reach the next distribution facility.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I wonder if the next batch will have the same 204P steel or tweaked like the Para 3 will be? I wonder how they will notify us as well with the next batch. Honestly, if they were 100% certain another batch was coming they could’ve just kept my money and sent me the knife, I wouldn’t care if it took a year.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Dazen wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:08 pm
I wonder if the next batch will have the same 204P steel or tweaked like the Para 3 will be? I wonder how they will notify us as well with the next batch. Honestly, if they were 100% certain another batch was coming they could’ve just kept my money and sent me the knife, I wouldn’t care if it took a year.

It should be exactly the same. The Para 3 is the one that is no longer being made in that combo. They will probability do a Para 3 in 20CV with the same colors.
bts327

Post by bts327 »

In Transit!

Looking back at my email confirmation I had my order in by 1331, just a minute or two after they opened the drop. I have never been anywhere near this lucky with a spyderco sprint/exclusive. I just happened to be on the phone and hung up when I got the in stock alert email. It was really odd to me that so many people had orders in, as I knew this would be just as hot of a drop as any. LOL at the flippers/ebay sellers who are going to be crying they didn't get in and have to issue refunds.

As happy as I am to have gotten in early Im still as equally bummed I didn't get in on that sweet purple DLT cruwear...
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

Dazen wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:08 pm
From what I’ve seen it should be the exact same. I agree with you on the refund though, I wish they just kept my money and shipped it once it was “my turn”. Refunding it makes me question the process of “guaranteeing the reservation” for those that received cancellations.
Oloung1

Post by Oloung1 »

robis1923 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:32 pm
I take no issue with someone making a profit from the sale of a product, especially if the proceeds are used to fund their hobby, but I do think it is absurd that people are selling items before they purchase or posses them. Those individuals deserve every bit of negative press they receive on eBay or whatever other platform their sales are going thru.
I'm as new to the knife world as when quarantine started this year and as a complete noob, it's off putting to compete with Flippers. I understand there are always going to be Users, Collectors and Flippers but just casually observing the recent drops paints a picture that it's accepted and even encouraged in certain online communities - for years. I get the $10-$50 markup when when we are talking triple digit markups, that's getting into the danger zone.

It's pretty sad to see many of the Users on this forum miss out on a cool steel and color combo. I had no intentions purchasing one but at the same time, even though everyone here is taking their licks in stride, it's tough to read very few ended up with a tracked purchase.

Hope you all get your allocations soon and we get to see more shots of this knife.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Anyone have word on how the coating holds up?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:41 am

I've asked this a few times. I've come to the conclusion that no one wants to use a knife worth $550 on the secondary market. :eek:
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Welp, I guess it'll be a pending question... For a while....
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
From the reading I've done on PVD coatings used in other industries, it isn't quite as durable as DLC. I've only seen anecdotes, but honestly didn't spend more than 5 minutes looking either. I don't know if the same will be true for Spyderco's PVD.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:44 am
curlyhairedboy wrote:

I've asked this a few times. I've come to the conclusion that no one wants to use a knife worth $550 on the secondary market. :eek:
Can you blame them? I'm definitely glad there will be multiple pm2 runs for this reason. No feeling like you need to baby it, if you mess it up or lose it, you can buy another.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.