Your iwb carry.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
carrot

Re: Your iwb carry.

Post by carrot »

I have to carry IWB for legal reasons. If it's not IWB it's at the bottom of my pocket, where lint resides.

Where I live, a knife must be fully concealed, which is to say, even pocket-clipped is not considered concealed.
40mm

Post by 40mm »

Also, with a Spyderco, there’s no thumbstud to catch on your waistband, belt, or pocket for that matter and drag your blade open unexpectedly. I’ve had that happen a few times with a mini grip(very weak retention).
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

40mm wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:04 pm
Also, with a Spyderco, there’s no thumbstud to catch on your waistband, belt, or pocket for that matter and drag your blade open unexpectedly....

Good point I would not have thought of without you mentioning it!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

carrot wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:23 am
I have to carry IWB for legal reasons. If it's not IWB it's at the bottom of my pocket, where lint resides.

Where I live, a knife must be fully concealed, which is to say, even pocket-clipped is not considered concealed.

Living in a country with no restrictions concerning knife carry, I am stunned (and sad) again and again by the many variants of silly and totally USELESS knife laws they come up with...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)