POLL: What serrated model would you prefer: FFG Endura SE (liners, VG10) or FFG Pac Salt 2 SE (no liners, LC200N)?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What would you prefer: FFG Endura SE (liners, VG10) or FFG Pac Salt 2 SE (no liners, LC200N)?

FFG Endura SE (WITH liners, VG 10)
18%
FFG Pac Salt 2 SE (NO liners, LC200N)
82%

Total votes: 51

cycleguy

Re: POLL: What would you prefer: FFG Endura SE (liners, VG10) or FFG Pac Salt 2 SE (no liners, LC200N)?

Postby cycleguy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:09 am

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:25 am
tonijedi wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:18 am
cycleguy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:58 am
Being the Delica nut I am, this is an easy one - Salt 2 all the way!!!

However, I am fine with SE in H1, and don't see a need for a FFG SE vs the current offering.

I would like to see a Salt 2 PE LC200N! It would be a must buy (prefer the yellow handle but black would be ok too).

CG
I would like to see PE and SE LC200N in the Salt 2. It's my dream knife.

And certainly in ffg, right?!
Hey Wartstein,

I'm going to go back on my earlier comment about the Salt 2 (I know it is not the Pacific Salt 2 which is the subject of your post, but I can't keep from commenting about it).

I'm not so concerned about the blade thickness like so many are, and as I implied earlier. However, I'm now believing a ffg serrated edge blade would take some weight off the front end of the knife and give a better weight distribution/balance given the linerless handle. This would be a win win scenario - a win for me regarding the weight/balance, and a win for those desiring ffg/ less blade thickness.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!

Wartstein

Re: POLL: What would you prefer: FFG Endura SE (liners, VG10) or FFG Pac Salt 2 SE (no liners, LC200N)?

Postby Wartstein » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:40 am

cycleguy wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:09 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:25 am
tonijedi wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:18 am
cycleguy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:58 am
Hey Wartstein,

I'm going to go back on my earlier comment about the Salt 2 (I know it is not the Pacific Salt 2 which is the subject of your post, but I can't keep from commenting about it).

I'm not so concerned about the blade thickness like so many are, and as I implied earlier. However, I'm now believing a ffg serrated edge blade would take some weight off the front end of the knife and give a better weight distribution/balance given the linerless handle. This would be a win win scenario - a win for me regarding the weight/balance, and a win for those desiring ffg/ less blade thickness.

CG

:) I am totally ok with the balance of my Pac Salt, but you are right, it maybe could be even improved by an ffg (instead of sabre hollow ground) blade!

I am not literally concerned about blade thickness (actual blade stock is the same in the ffg Endura and the sabre hollow Pac Salt), but in the increased cutting performance in normal EDC tasks (not "heavy duty" tasks!) that SE ffg offers over sabre hollow ffg in my experience (and ffg generally does over sabre hollow imho).

Spydercos serrations in ffg are shallower and less aggressive then SE in their sabre hollow grind, and I prefer the shallower type for normal, more "urban" EDC

To be clear: I ABSOLUTELY want the Pac Salt and it´s serration pattern to remain as it is!! Great outdoor folder!

Just additionally an Endura sized ffg SE backlock (just give the ffg PE Endura the exact same serrations as the ffg Endela already offers) would be great
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”