Page 2 of 6

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:33 am
by Hatchet 7419
Don’t have Instagram or face book so hopefully I’ll get the update from here !

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:02 am
by Slash
jdw wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:38 pm
BHQ has their marketing and exclusive niche absolutely down. I just wish that they didn't charge sales tax to my state.
I think they charge all states? I buy most my blades elsewhere just to save on tax. 8% on about $3000 I've spent this year=a really nice blade.
I wasn't crazy about the red one and sold it quickly. Won't be purchasing this one partly due to 8% added to it makes it quite expensive considering the materials I could get another blade dressed with cf or Ti. $200 including tax would be more fair and that's pushing it.

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:46 am
by Philo Beddoe
jdw wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:38 pm
BHQ has their marketing and exclusive niche absolutely down. I just wish that they didn't charge sales tax to my state.
Thats not BHQ's fault..that is your states fault.

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:38 am
by FullFlatMind
Philo Beddoe wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:46 am
jdw wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:38 pm
BHQ has their marketing and exclusive niche absolutely down. I just wish that they didn't charge sales tax to my state.
Thats not BHQ's fault..that is your states fault.
You can blame the outcome of South Dakota v. Wayfair for taxes on out of state online purchases.

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:04 am
by jdw
Philo Beddoe wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:46 am
jdw wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:38 pm
BHQ has their marketing and exclusive niche absolutely down. I just wish that they didn't charge sales tax to my state.
Thats not BHQ's fault..that is your states fault.
There are still many online retailers who aren't charging state taxes that I use instead of BHQ. I am not sure how the enforcement of this goes but those retailers definitely are priority for my purchases. Between MAP increases and on line retailers charging taxes it makes a noticeable hit to my wallet.

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:16 am
by FreeGolf
jdw wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:04 am
Philo Beddoe wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:46 am
jdw wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:38 pm
BHQ has their marketing and exclusive niche absolutely down. I just wish that they didn't charge sales tax to my state.
Thats not BHQ's fault..that is your states fault.
There are still many on line retailers who aren't charging state taxes that I use instead of BHQ. I am not sure how the enforcement of this goes but those retailers definitely are priority for my purchases. Between MAP increases and on line retailers charging taxes it makes a noticeable hit to my wallet.
I did the same for some computer components. Thought I dodged the tax thing.. Not the case. I ended up paying that tax for those components during tax season from a form the company submits for their sales records/taxes etc.

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:29 pm
by Hatchet 7419
Ok If anybody could just say hey the drop is happening on this day that would be great don’t know how it got into the whole taxes thing 😁

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:09 pm
by FreeGolf
Hatchet 7419 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:29 pm
Ok If anybody could just say hey the drop is happening on this day that would be great don’t know how it got into the whole taxes thing 😁
I'm 100% sure someone will post about the drop date. But why don't you just add it to your wishlist and have it notify you by "text" or "email" from the BHQ site ? Be way easier than checking a forum constantly and relying on others. Just saying.

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:14 pm
by jdw
Hatchet 7419 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:29 pm
Ok If anybody could just say hey the drop is happening on this day that would be great don’t know how it got into the whole taxes thing 😁

Conversation about knife distribution and the inceasing cost as it relates to a relatively high price item that is soon to be released.

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:57 pm
by The Meat man
FreeGolf wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:09 pm
Hatchet 7419 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:29 pm
Ok If anybody could just say hey the drop is happening on this day that would be great don’t know how it got into the whole taxes thing 😁
I'm 100% sure someone will post about the drop date. But why don't you just add it to your wishlist and have it notify you by "text" or "email" from the BHQ site ? Be way easier than checking a forum constantly and relying on others. Just saying.
Relying on the forum is probably the best way to stay informed. If you count on getting an in-stock notification email in time to buy the knife you will be disappointed.

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:39 pm
by FreeGolf
The Meat man wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:57 pm
FreeGolf wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:09 pm
Hatchet 7419 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:29 pm
Ok If anybody could just say hey the drop is happening on this day that would be great don’t know how it got into the whole taxes thing 😁
I'm 100% sure someone will post about the drop date. But why don't you just add it to your wishlist and have it notify you by "text" or "email" from the BHQ site ? Be way easier than checking a forum constantly and relying on others. Just saying.
Relying on the forum is probably the best way to stay informed. If you count on getting an in-stock notification email in time to buy the knife you will be disappointed.
Worked for my M4 Dodo. Definitely was not disappointing. Wasn't even a member on the forum at the time. Go figure..

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:59 am
by jdw
FreeGolf wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:39 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:57 pm
FreeGolf wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:09 pm
Hatchet 7419 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:29 pm
Ok If anybody could just say hey the drop is happening on this day that would be great don’t know how it got into the whole taxes thing 😁
I'm 100% sure someone will post about the drop date. But why don't you just add it to your wishlist and have it notify you by "text" or "email" from the BHQ site ? Be way easier than checking a forum constantly and relying on others. Just saying.
Relying on the forum is probably the best way to stay informed. If you count on getting an in-stock notification email in time to buy the knife you will be disappointed.
Worked for my M4 Dodo. Definitely was not disappointing. Wasn't even a member on the forum at the time. Go figure..

I think that I will just keep posting "Is it here yet?" until the hall monitors go away and they learn to use Instagram, or Facebook, or Blade HQ alerts, or not believe they control the conversation on an open forum. Now that would be a cool one.

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:35 pm
by JuPaul
Release announced on Instagram: 2/11 at 10am MT (11am CST).

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:44 pm
by Spydergirl88
Sorry to go off topic but a Knifeworks exclusive Shaman DLC 52100 with grey g10 would be absolutely amazing

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:55 pm
by JMM
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:44 pm
Sorry to go off topic but a Knifeworks exclusive Shaman DLC 52100 with grey g10 would be absolutely amazing
I'd buy that in a second.... I've been casually fishing the secondary markets for the DLC 52100 Manix2, I like the steel & the configuration....

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:32 pm
by TkoK83Spy
Suddenly bring taxed from BHQ makes the desire much less for this knife, especially at over $200 as it is :o

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:45 pm
by JuPaul
JMM wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:44 pm
Sorry to go off topic but a Knifeworks exclusive Shaman DLC 52100 with grey g10 would be absolutely amazing
I'd buy that in a second.... I've been casually fishing the secondary markets for the DLC 52100 Manix2, I like the steel & the configuration....
I would find that hard to pass up - love my manix from KW.

I like the DLC sooo much better than satin with the jade scales on this one. Tempting, for sure. I bet they'll go fast.

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:08 pm
by JMM
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:45 pm
JMM wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:44 pm
Sorry to go off topic but a Knifeworks exclusive Shaman DLC 52100 with grey g10 would be absolutely amazing
I'd buy that in a second.... I've been casually fishing the secondary markets for the DLC 52100 Manix2, I like the steel & the configuration....
I would find that hard to pass up - love my manix from KW.

I like the DLC sooo much better than satin with the jade scales on this one. Tempting, for sure. I bet they'll go fast.
Indeed, I took my Manix2 M4 DLC from BHQ and slapped black scales on it and it's perfect for me (and my 4V Para3 and new DLC Cruwear Shaman)

Image

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:15 pm
by JuPaul
JMM wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:08 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:45 pm
JMM wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:44 pm
Sorry to go off topic but a Knifeworks exclusive Shaman DLC 52100 with grey g10 would be absolutely amazing
I'd buy that in a second.... I've been casually fishing the secondary markets for the DLC 52100 Manix2, I like the steel & the configuration....
I would find that hard to pass up - love my manix from KW.

I like the DLC sooo much better than satin with the jade scales on this one. Tempting, for sure. I bet they'll go fast.
Indeed, I took my Manix2 M4 DLC from BHQ and slapped black scales on it and it's perfect for me (and my 4V Para3 and new DLC Cruwear Shaman)

Image
Love the scales on that cruwear manix! Also, what grip tape did you use on the shaman?

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:21 pm
by TkoK83Spy
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:44 pm
Sorry to go off topic but a Knifeworks exclusive Shaman DLC 52100 with grey g10 would be absolutely amazing
That would be very nice! But...I wonder if they would hesitate, since for some crazy reason that version of the Manix took a long time to sell out. They even ran a few price drops on that Manix exclusive.