BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Soooooo tempting with it still being available, but it seems pretty moot already having the St Nicks 4V version. Hoping it sells out quickly now that everyone here that wants one has got one! I need the temptation gone! :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:26 pm
Hoping it sells out quickly now that everyone here that wants one has got one! I need the temptation gone! :p
Same here! :eek:

Stellar job on BladeHQ's part. People actually have a chance to get one. This is how these things should be!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Mm1313

Post by Mm1313 »

Still available... **** the got alot of these. This is how u exclusive/sprint lol :eek: :eek:
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I'm definitely happy to see everyone's able to get one who wants one!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

It may be that the bots didn't get any which is extending the number and the time that they're available to human buyers. If that's true, then it shows how much of a problem bots are in other sprint sales.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

jimmyjohnjohn wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:42 pm
It may be that the bots didn't get any which is extending the number and the time that they're available to human buyers. If that's true, then it shows how much of a problem bots are in other sprint sales.
I just got a teal dragonfly from REC today, and they had an anti-bot challenge at checkout. Super happy to see these in use at more dealers before the reveal 4 models hit.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Hoping this is because of bot screening and not just buyer fatigue with all of the recent shaman sprints.
JMM

Post by JMM »

It's still available just shy of two hours... the email I got from BHQ last week said they ordered allot more this time than their first Shaman Exclusive run, so I'd wager that has allot to do with it lingering much longer than last round. I like M4, I don't love it, but it is good steel in my experience, not super difficult to get reasonably sharp, I have the DLC M4 Manix2 and it's been a solid performer for me... Has anyone heard anything about St. Nick's (or anyone else) doing more 4V?
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

JMM wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:58 pm
It's still available just shy of two hours... the email I got from BHQ last week said they ordered allot more this time than their first Shaman Exclusive run, so I'd wager that has allot to do with it lingering much longer than last round. I like M4, I don't love it, but it is good steel in my experience, not super difficult to get reasonably sharp, I have the DLC M4 Manix2 and it's been a solid performer for me... Has anyone heard anything about St. Nick's (or anyone else) doing more 4V?
St Nick's has been hinting at a PM2 being next for a while now, haven't seen any 100% confirms or any ETA's though.

Does seem like the bigger boys have already started going larger on Sprint orders, DLT para 3 lw m390 also lasted hours, and also allowed 2 per person, and are still generally priced around cost when sold on the secondary. My guess is we'll continue to see smaller runs with high competition/secondary prices and poor launches for smaller companies, at least for the near future, but it is very nice to see the money going to Spyderco and dealers and flatten out the secondary market on this one.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

A strong start to phasing out the flippers! I'd love to see more drops like this in the future. Hopefully other distributors are taking note. Not an instant sell out, but they will definitely sell out. A lot more happy customers!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Man, I just want the jade scales....
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Can’t believe these are still available! Must resist... just bought new pack.... need new tent....
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

Can't confirm via purchase but they appear to have even raised the minimum from 2 to 3 in the last hour or so, at least it now shows that as the max available in cart for me when it previously capped at 2. Did anyone see a total on this run yet? Curious how much of it lasting this long is the quantity they ordered vs shaman fatigue/price point + tax/dlc version of existing satin sprint/etc.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

DTPrime wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:19 pm
Can't confirm via purchase but they appear to have even raised the minimum from 2 to 3 in the last hour or so, at least it now shows that as the max available in cart for me when it previously capped at 2. Did anyone see a total on this run yet? Curious how much of it lasting this long is the quantity they ordered vs shaman fatigue/price point + tax/dlc version of existing satin sprint/etc.
The KC rexwood was on pre-order for hours, and then on sale for hours when they actually launched. My sense is they were both just big runs, which is awesome. We're just not used to them sticking around for more than 5 minutes!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
blues

Post by blues »

The intersection of price and demand will be interesting to monitor going forward. I don't doubt that larger supply and somewhat tempered demand, (based upon the combination of (higher) price, and enthusiasm (or lack thereof) for the steel and scales), will have something to do with how long the exclusive is available until sold out.

The bright spot is that it has afforded the opportunity for those who want the knife to get one.
- Retired from the chase -
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:35 pm

The KC rexwood was on pre-order for hours, and then on sale for hours when they actually launched. My sense is they were both just big runs, which is awesome. We're just not used to them sticking around for more than 5 minutes!
The RexWood Shaman offered to rescind pre-orders based on an initial misprint/confusion and "wood" handled Spydies seem to be generally less in demand, the KC pakkawood exclusives are also consistently available. There's always variance given the materials and models, the SS stretch is easily found and one of my personal favorite sprints in the last year, the KW s90v delica exclusive also didn't seem to hit for many. The CF/S90v shaman was either the first or second non-base version of the model available I believe and lasted days at many places when it came out, that was a regular production-level sprint.

All just to say an increased run obviously makes an impact but there's a big difference if they ordered 3x vs 5x vs 10x normal to extend the availability exponentially from <5 minutes to several hours, and that info would help clarify how much can be attributed to increased supply vs softening demand now that there are a few Shaman sprints out there, or at a $250+ price point (which may speak to the CF/s90v versions availability). No practical reason, I got one this morning anyway and like I said I'm glad to see this level of availability either way as it will help keep profits to the actual businesses involved, but as an econ nerd who enjoys Spydies just following along as companies continue to try to find the elusive sprint/exclusive sweet spot :D

Interestingly the "available quantity" in cart is back to 2.
FreeGolf

Post by FreeGolf »

Sold out.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Glad to see this one didn't sell out immediately. Well done Spyderco and BHQ. Congrats to everyone that got one. Doesn't seem like this will be a flipper's paradise.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

So this one took how long? A work day? When did they go live?

Either way I snagged one. Every part of it that isnt snot green is blacked out. It will definitely stand out compared to most of what I have. Now I just gotta see how those rex45 sprints go down.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Well done BHQ!

I hope this sets a trend for how these things are handled here on out.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"