First off, be warned: I am TOTALLY biased...
For me the Chaparral is the best small folder ever made, so keep that in mind!
Never had any interest in a Bugout (and obviously also not in a Mini bugout, though both might very well be great models!), so this can´t be a fair comparison, still some quick points / personal (!) thoughts:
- Steel: S30V is a great EDC steel (though I never had BMs S30V), but I like CTS XHP even better. To me concerning sharpenability and edge holding it feels like a "slightly better S30V" (but to be clear I don´t know a whole lot about steels)
- Opening hole vs thumb studs: I clearly prefer the former. While operating the lock, while cutting (through!) stuff, and cause my preferred grip is putting my thumb sideways on the opening hole when cutting
- Construction: I generally like linerless knives, but still the Chap is just perfect with its steel liners. For one, though objevtively it is really light, it still feels "heavy" / solid in a good way. Plus, I think a linerless FRN knife probably could not be made THAT thin (and thus be so low profile in the pocket)
- Ergos: When I got my Chap FRN it really blew me away how stable and comfortable it lies in the hand, how well my hand is locked in and my index finger supported by the choil - for comparison: Better than on a Native!
But be aware: Not all feel like this, many think the ergos of the thicker Native handle are better, so you´d have to try for yourself (for reference: I have L to XL hands, but probably rather slim than "fat" fingers)
- Lock: I personally prefer a good backlock by far over the axxis lock (or any lock that is). and the Chap has one of the best executed backlocks I am aware of. Sure, it can be stiff to operate in the beginning, but will break in eventually or can be modded to be easier to depress.
The axxis lock, while fun, also is the only lock that (twice) opened unnoticed in my pocket (on a Minigrip) so I did cut myself when reaching for the knife.
Good luck with your choice, and obviously if I were you I´d go with the Chap...
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40