Spyderco Models From 2010 & Earlier That You Wish To Return

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VashHash

Re: Spyderco Models From 2010 & Earlier That You Wish To Return

Post by VashHash »

Kris.
Flizwit

Post by Flizwit »

Wayne Goddard Jr but with a liner lock

And one that won’t come back but I wish I could get another is the Lil Nilakka, I lost mine aboard a ship.
Own: SpyOpera, Kapara, AEB-L Urban, Techno 2, Cat, S30V Dragonfly 2, REC Lil Native, St. Nick’s Lil Native, V-Toku2 Meerkat, McBee, Cruwear Delica.
Previously Owned: CF Caly3 ZDP-189, Sage 1, Lil’ Nilakka
Want: Birdseye Maple Chaparral, Pochi, LC200N Para 3 LW
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Not sure if it is pre-2010, but I'd really like to see a revived Persian.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
PStone

Post by PStone »

The g10 Blackhawk. Owned one briefly, but just didn’t care for the chamfered Spydie hole. Other than that, was incredible. I get that it’s a weird request, since I could be just as happy requesting a clip point Native5. But that is the only model prior to 2010 that I have owned and would like to see a sprint/return of.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I don't wish to return any Spyderco models from 2010, pre 2010, or post 2010; I like them all!!! :D

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

VashHash wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:32 pm
Kris.
That's a very interesting request VASH :cool: That KRIS model over the years has had one of the most enduring cult followings of about any the Spyderco "specialty" models. I regret that I passed on two trades where I could have had one of those. It's one of the very few from that period that I've not yet ever owned or used. It is a very cool looking "recurve" type blade and it's construction was rock solid like most of the Schempp models were.

There were so many really iconic Spyders in that time slot and I'm still anxious to see what all else will be suggested. I do hope that the Spyderco front office is watching this thread :)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

PStone wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:44 pm
The g10 Blackhawk. Owned one briefly, but just didn’t care for the chamfered Spydie hole. Other than that, was incredible. I get that it’s a weird request, since I could be just as happy requesting a clip point Native5. But that is the only model prior to 2010 that I have owned and would like to see a sprint/return of.
For years now I've had a special place in my heart for the BLACKHAWK and RENEGADE models both. If there was any models that were truly ahead of their time it would be the BLACKHAWK & RENEGADE models. I would throw in the C-60 Massad Ayoob model in with that pair as well.

I EDCed a RENEGADE model for over a year. IF it would have had a better blade steel than GIN-1 I would have probably carried it a lot longer. The BLACKHAWK & RENEGADE both were way ahead of their time and for them to return in a new G-10 handle and Supersteel blades I'm certain they would fly off the shelves at a very rapid rate.
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

Is the Kopa from that time period? What a beautiful knife.
I think it would be amazing to bring the Kopa back, but implementing different blade steels.

The only change I’d throw out there is to switch the pocket clip to tip up.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I’d give my left leg to see another run of the C50 Centofante. A Golden-made Spydie from the Golden Age of Spydies!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Haunted House wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:26 pm
Is the Kopa from that time period? What a beautiful knife.
I think it would be amazing to bring the Kopa back, but implementing different blade steels.

The only change I’d throw out there is to switch the pocket clip to tip up.
Oh absolutely> yeah the KOPA was released in about 2006 if I got my memory right. Also you could get that in a variety of different handle colors and so forth. I had a very close friend who is deceased now but that KOPA was his very favorite. If I remember right the KOPA and the KIWI both came out about the same time. The DEACON would know more than I would about those two models because those were two of his favorites. I do hope he chimes in soon.

There are so many of those Japan made Spyders that I would love to see return but in a newer/better blade steel.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderNut wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:30 pm
I’d give my left leg to see another run of the C50 Centofante. A Golden-made Spydie from the Golden Age of Spydies!
You and I both Brother :cool: . And it really broke my heart when Sal told me that they had destroyed all the tooling for that model C-50. The C-50 and C-25 both Centofante models were really sleek and they made great EDC folders as well.

For the past two years I've been trying to find the C-50 in PE & SE both and they are getting really tough to locate. I believe both of them were made during the ATS-34 era and I'm pretty sure that both the C-25 and C-50 were ATS-34. I really loved those spear point blades too.
stockliman

Post by stockliman »

A non-pinned C42.
Bolstered Persians.
Phoenix - but I think the cost would make me faint.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:36 pm
SpyderNut wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:30 pm
You and I both Brother :cool: . And it really broke my heart when Sal told me that they had destroyed all the tooling for that model C-50. The C-50 and C-25 both Centofante models were really sleek and they made great EDC folders as well.

For the past two years I've been trying to find the C-50 in PE & SE both and they are getting really tough to locate. I believe both of them were made during the ATS-34 era and I'm pretty sure that both the C-25 and C-50 were ATS-34. I really loved those spear point blades too.
I agree, that news saddened me too. :( I currently only have the full SE version of the C50. (I gifted the PE version to my cousin several years ago, but he unfortunately lost it). Such an excellent design.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Trp2080

Post by Trp2080 »

Leafstorm
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Peter Herbst could finally get a run that wasn't all seconds

Maybe the Mouse?
Spin?
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:20 pm
VashHash wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:32 pm
Kris.
That's a very interesting request VASH :cool: That KRIS model over the years has had one of the most enduring cult followings of about any the Spyderco "specialty" models. I regret that I passed on two trades where I could have had one of those. It's one of the very few from that period that I've not yet ever owned or used. It is a very cool looking "recurve" type blade and it's construction was rock solid like most of the Schempp models were.

There were so many really iconic Spyders in that time slot and I'm still anxious to see what all else will be suggested. I do hope that the Spyderco front office is watching this thread :)
Ed Schempp was at the seconds sale last November. We discussed the Kris and I'm pretty sure he mentioned a possible sprint and a possible smaller version.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I would love a Kris.
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

C15 and C19 Terzoulas ... or even a Double Bevel with a “normal” blade
C25
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

C22 and C42 :)
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Trp2080 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm
Leafstorm
Don't think it sold too well and it might need some tweaks to make it great; moving/changing the clip and the beard of the blade is a bit prone to biting. Never used mine since I prefer the C22.