Spyderco Police with an Emerson Wave Opener

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TitaniumTroy

Spyderco Police with an Emerson Wave Opener

Post by TitaniumTroy »

I created a new thread after goofing up the last one. I would love to see a Spyderco Police model with the Emerson Wave Opening Feature. Or a Emerson/Spyderco collaboration for an entirely new model. The blade profile of the Spyderco 2 which I have is probably my favorite EDC/selfdefense type of blade. Narrow, relatively long, just wish I could open it out as fast as my Waved Endura. However I would also like something in carbon fiber, and titanium split handle, like my Military.

I like the titanium as it makes sliding out of your pocket easier, without tearing up your pocket. Plus I just like the feeling of titanium, feels like it has better build quality. While the carbon fiber with the right finish gives you something to get some traction on.
ugaarguy

Re: Spyderco Police with an Emerson Wave Opener

Post by ugaarguy »

TitaniumTroy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:36 pm
I created a new thread after goofing up the last one. I would love to see a Spyderco Police model with the Emerson Wave Opening Feature. Or a Emerson/Spyderco collaboration for an entirely new model. The blade profile Spyderco 2 which I have is probably my favorite EDC/selfdefense type of blade. Narrow, relatively long, just wish I could pull it out as fast as my Waved Endura. However I would also like something in carbon fiber, and titanium split handle, like my Military.

I like the titanium as it makes sliding out of your pocket easier, without tearing up your pocket. Plus I just like the feeling of titanium, feels like it has better build quality. While the carbon fiber with the right finish gives you something to get some traction on.
If you already have a stainless steel handle police, you could ad a 5x5 combat solutions pick pocket to the blade to get the wave opening feature - https://5x5combatsolutions.com/shop?ols ... o-ccessory. Bead blast or stone wash the clip side scale to get a similar texture to the lock bar side Ti scales you're used to. Checker or knurl the show side scale to a texture you like.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Well one of the many advantages to the spydiehole is you can always do the poor mans zip tie wave.
But I would be down for a waved police 4 lightweight.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
TitaniumTroy

Post by TitaniumTroy »

Oh yeah I forgot, a finger choil to keep your fingers from sliding up the handle would be cool. Type of steel is not that important to me personally, just as long as it doesn't suck. Maybe a fully serrated version too.