Burnt Orange Rex??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Hatchet 7419

Burnt Orange Rex??

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

Any word on when this will start hitting the sales floor ??
Johncjeff

Re: Burnt Orange Rex??

Post by Johncjeff »

I’m like a kid waiting for Christmas. I check in here multiple times each day hoping to find that same information.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Some time this year?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Hard to say. I hope it's easier to get than the crucarta shaman
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Anytime between the release of the Release and 120 days. They should start trickling in sometime in February I’d think.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

antnap124 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:12 pm
I was on the phone with knife center the other day after cancelling the rosewood shaman pre-order and the customer service rep told me to expect the new sprint models to be available the first or second week of february
Not saying they didn't tell that but, if that's the case, I can't help but wonder why they're not accepting pre-orders for those yet. Also, in the past when there was a whole series of sprint models they definitely weren't released all at once. Each model was released separately over a few months maybe longer.

I know when they announced the Reveal thing and how they wanted it to work they said they intended for models that appear in that release to hit the dealer shelves 120 days latest. But that hasn't always been the case for whatever reason. There's 8 different models in this sprint run and I find it hard to believe they'll all be hitting the dealer's shelves before the next reveal. I could certainly be wrong (hope I am) but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:40 pm
antnap124 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:12 pm
I was on the phone with knife center the other day after cancelling the rosewood shaman pre-order and the customer service rep told me to expect the new sprint models to be available the first or second week of february
Not saying they didn't tell that but, if that's the case, I can't help but wonder why they're not accepting pre-orders for those yet. Also, in the past when there was a whole series of sprint models they definitely weren't released all at once. Each model was released separately over a few months maybe longer.

I know when they announced the Reveal thing and how they wanted it to work they said they intended for models that appear in that release to hit the dealer shelves 120 days latest. But that hasn't always been the case for whatever reason. There's 8 different models in this sprint run and I find it hard to believe they'll all be hitting the dealer's shelves before the next reveal. I could certainly be wrong (hope I am) but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
It would be great if, in an effort to cut down on all the flipping, they released several models at the same time or rolled out groups of models at a time. If they “opened the flood gates” hopefully that cuts back on the intentional flipping, but it may not be so good for those that are planning on getting several different models.

Keeping an eye on any news as I want to try a Rex Chief and maybe the lil native.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

I am so excited about REX45.... waiting for Shaman or Chief, not sure which one I get.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Joey

Post by Joey »

Same here! I’m so excited. I was blown away when I saw all that orange in the reveal. I had just bought a military in Rex 45 the day before, and already had the rosewood shaman on pre-order. I had the Para 3 since release, but heard it was run much harder in the Military production.

I’m stumped as to which one to get, as well. I’m leaning towards the G10 native, but the Manix is also calling my name. I think I’ll go with peel ply G10, whatever model I decide.
I feel burnt orange isn’t a good look on plastic. Also, in my opinion, the Shaman did not look pretty in the BHQ video. I’m guessing it’s due to the smooth G10 texture, so I’m happy to have the rosewood if I’m getting a smooth knife either way.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Pancake wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:38 am
I am so excited about REX45.... waiting for Shaman or Chief, not sure which one I get.

Those are the two I'd be interested in the most too (but I think I'll save up for the K390 Endura and Endela).

Tough choice. Though I think in the end I'd carry the Chief a lot more for its longer edge, lighter weight and just for me better lock.

One European store says they will be available "in February" and both practical for the same price as the "base" models (just 3 or 4 Euros more), which is great!

Hope you'll be able to grab one! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)