Cruwear Collection

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
abbazaba

Re: Cruwear Collection

Postby abbazaba » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:49 pm

Manix2
Pm2
Para3
Delica4

Most of my Cruwear experience has been with this guy...

Enactive

Postby Enactive » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm

Just a couple in my case, but they are among my best and favorite folding knives. Would definitely go for a Cruwear Chief to round out the family.
IMG_20200120_123415.jpg

Brock O Lee

Postby Brock O Lee » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:29 pm

I have a PM2, Manix, and Native in Cruwear

I replaced the light grey scales on the Manix, and also removed the liner jimping at the same time. I’m not a fan of dye jobs in general.

Hans
Favourites at the moment: Military 204P, Spydiechef, Sage 2, Pits, Heinnie UKPK, Native Cruwear, Chaparral Ti

The Meat man

Postby The Meat man » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:01 pm

Just the Delica for me.
- Connor

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

bearfacedkiller

Postby bearfacedkiller » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:02 pm

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:37 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:29 pm
Spyderco Military
Spyderco Para2
Spyderco Delica
Spyderco Native5
Spyderco Shaman
Bark River Wilderness Explorer

I have 6 different knives in Cruwear. Good stuff!

How do you like the Wilderness Explorer? Been eyeing that for my next fixed blade purchase for some time now.
I own quite few fixed blades, maybe 50+. It is easily in my top five. I have used it camping and hunting quite a bit. It has processed deer I have shot and is an awesome knife for that. I have also broken down pigs with it. It works well as a general camp/field knife as well.

Here are a couple pics of it in hand. It is a bigger knife and the handle has plenty of real estate. I wear a large/size 9 glove.

The handle is contoured with a coke bottle shape but is not as pronounced as on my BR Clip Point Hunter. I prefer the Wilderness Explorer handle. Here is a pic that shows the handle contouring as well as the stock thickness which is about 4mm. The edge and tip are ground nice and thin.

Here is just a pic of it in the “wilderness”. :)

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

steelcity16

Postby steelcity16 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:40 pm

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:02 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Spyderco Military
Spyderco Para2
Spyderco Delica
Spyderco Native5
Spyderco Shaman

How do you like the Wilderness Explorer? Been eyeing that for my next fixed blade purchase for some time now.
I own quite few fixed blades, maybe 50+. It is easily in my top five. I have used it camping and hunting quite a bit. It has processed deer I have shot and is an awesome knife for that. I have also broken down pigs with it. It works well as a general camp/field knife as well.

Here are a couple pics of it in hand. It is a bigger knife and the handle has plenty of real estate. I wear a large/size 9 glove.

Looks and sounds great! How does their Cruwear perform compared to your Cruwear Spydies like the Military? Any issues? You sometimes see some not so great things about BRK quality on some other forums, but the ones I have had in 3V all were top notch.
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

bearfacedkiller

Postby bearfacedkiller » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:10 pm

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:40 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:02 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Spyderco Military
Spyderco Para2
Spyderco Delica
Spyderco Native5
Spyderco Shaman

Looks and sounds great! How does their Cruwear perform compared to your Cruwear Spydies like the Military? Any issues? You sometimes see some not so great things about BRK quality on some other forums, but the ones I have had in 3V all were top notch.
I very much prefer the thin convex grind on the BR so to me it seems to perform better. It is noticeably less stainless though. Hard to say how much of that is heat treatment and how much is a combination of being stored in a leather sheath and being exposed to lots of blood and plant goo.

They are all handmade and none of mine are perfect. I like the style, designs and performance so I don’t sweat little things. I can’t stop buying them honestly. I have a North Country EDC inbound. :)

Not to be an enabler but there is one just like mine on the exchange right now for $235. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

anycal

Postby anycal » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Peter

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”