Wire clip replacement for purchase?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
captnvegtble

Wire clip replacement for purchase?

Post by captnvegtble »

I know this has been discussed on the forum before, but honestly I have never really paid attention...

I'm wondering if there are replacement clips for purchase through Spyderco? For example, if a knife come with a sliver wire clip (e.g. on the upcoming Watu), and I want to replace it with a black wire clip (which I know Spyderco has made before), is there any way of purchasing one?
SG89

Re: Wire clip replacement for purchase?

Post by SG89 »

captnvegtble wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:52 pm
I know this has been discussed on the forum before, but honestly I have never really paid attention...

I'm wondering if there are replacement clips for purchase through Spyderco? For example, if a knife come with a sliver wire clip (e.g. on the upcoming Watu), and I want to replace it with a black wire clip (which I know Spyderco has made before), is there any way of purchasing one?
Yes, call spyderco and order by phone, be sure to specify small or large size clip
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Yep, just ordered a black wire clip and black “regular” clip for both my Para 3 LW and Delica 4. Service was outstanding, shipping somewhat quick, ordered Sunday received Friday.

Call the following number... 800-525-7770 X107
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

JaseRicco wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:01 pm
Yep, just ordered a black wire clip and black “regular” clip for both my Para 3 LW and Delica 4. Service was outstanding, shipping somewhat quick, ordered Sunday received Friday.

Great, thanks! This is good to know... I wonder why they don't just list them on their website.
Can I ask how much a replacement wire clip cost?
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Wish they could just sell these on Amazon. Especially the wire clips which are so easy to destroy.
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

captnvegtble wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:37 am
JaseRicco wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:01 pm

Great, thanks! This is good to know... I wonder why they don't just list them on their website.
Can I ask how much a replacement wire clip cost?

If I remember correctly, their clips range from $6 - $8 depending on whether or not you want silver vs black, wire vs “regular”.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

zhyla wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:23 am
Wish they could just sell these on Amazon. Especially the wire clips which are so easy to destroy.
Ya, would be easier if you could just place an order yourself without having to make a call. Wouldn’t even have to be through Amazon since if I read correctly, hasn’t Spyderco limited their dealings with Amazon, or am I making that up lol.

Why not through any of the dealers like CutleryShoppe, BladeHQ etc...

But I have to say, they make this small inconvenience up with stellar customer service and decently quick shipping.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

JaseRicco wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:42 am
But I have to say, they make this small inconvenience up with stellar customer service and decently quick shipping.
Honestly, great customer service starts with me not having to spend time buying replacement parts. I fix a lot of things and Spyderco is the only company where I have to talk to a live person just to get a part ordered.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

If the biggest problem I have with a company is that they will send me a new clip, with the stipulation that I must call them to order it... wait... what's the problem? :confused:

How about this one?

One of my cars gets 50mpg, handles like a go kart and the police completely ignore it. However, the dang fuel door is on the wrong side... It's a TERRIBLE CAR!!!!

Who cares? Pick up the phone, order the clip and save the complaints for something worth complaining over. :mad:
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

zhyla wrote:
Why would you want to buy Spyderco parts from Amazon when you can get them from Spyderco and be 100% assured that you are getting authentic, official Spyderco part??? >> rather than buy some counterfeit knock-off part made in some 3rd World **** Hole :confused:

Also I've always found that SFO and the main Spyderco factory to always give great service too. Everything I've bought from Spyderco themselves has always been high quality.
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

zhyla wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:07 pm
JaseRicco wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:42 am
Honestly, great customer service starts with me not having to spend time buying replacement parts. I fix a lot of things and Spyderco is the only company where I have to talk to a live person just to get a part ordered.

Point taken, I understand where you’re coming from.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:45 pm
zhyla wrote:
Why would you want to buy Spyderco parts from Amazon when you can get them from Spyderco and be 100% assured that you are getting authentic, official Spyderco part??? >> rather than buy some counterfeit knock-off part made in some 3rd World **** Hole :confused:

I have to assume that Amazon was just the first thing Zhyla thought to type and that his main complaint is that he can’t just hop on a website, like the ones I mentioned, and just order one himself.

I can understand this, kinda wish I could do the same thing, but a minor inconvenience for me, to each their own though.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Doesn't bother me to have to call Spyderco to get a replacement clip. I'm glad I can at least to do that. I was just curious why they wouldn't just put it on their Spyderco website. But not a big deal. Thanks for the responses!
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Yeah, I need a black wire clip.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

JaseRicco wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:35 pm
I have to assume that Amazon was just the first thing Zhyla thought to type and that his main complaint is that he can’t just hop on a website, like the ones I mentioned, and just order one himself.
Sure, eBay, Amazon, bladehq, etc. Actually why they aren’t available on spyderco.com is really kind of mind boggling. There’s probably money to be made just selling clips too — people will buy spares, or the black version, etc.

Maybe there’s some detail about this I’m missing in Spyderco’s case, but the company I work for has a CS department and we do everything we can to avoid a customer call (for cost reasons). The easier we make it for the customer to solve the issue on the better for all involved.