Spydies that U R saving up for

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacLaren

Re: Spydies that U R saving up for

Post by MacLaren »

Gamecock wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:16 am
jdw wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:32 am
I can't believe the number of orange knives coming out. I realize that it's color coded to the steel but if you aren't a fan of orange scales your options from this reveal get narrowed down in a hurry.
Very true. I don’t do anything orange, ever, so that makes it difficult with this. That evil entity in the upstate of South Carolina ruined orange for me long ago.
Lol, I'll bet you dont do orange!
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Gamecock wrote:
jdw wrote:
I can't believe the number of orange knives coming out. I realize that it's color coded to the steel but if you aren't a fan of orange scales your options from this reveal get narrowed down in a hurry.
Very true. I don’t do anything orange, ever, so that makes it difficult with this. That evil entity in the upstate of South Carolina ruined orange for me long ago.
I’m physically unable to add any orange to my cart as well, because of a certain school in Austin TX.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
blendergasket

Post by blendergasket »

I'm saving up for a stretch and dragonfly in K390. I may also get a manix 2 lw or native 5 lw.
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

Saving up for the upcoming Pacific Salt 2 (SE, of course!), the blacked-out Yojimbo 2, and Swick 5. I'm also thinking of getting an Endura 4 trainer & a combo edge Endura 4 in foliage green at some point this year.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Dazen wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:47 am
Gamecock wrote:
jdw wrote:
I’m physically unable to add any orange to my cart as well, because of a certain school in Austin TX.
That's what aftermarket scales are for!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Native5 sprint in Rex45
Para3 LW in CPM-SPY27
Para3 in CPM-S45VN
(and, if they come out this year)
Swick in LC200N
Slysz Swayback
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I'm tapped, just bought an CRK sebby 21...
dan31

Post by dan31 »

Spyderco Delica in AEB-L if they ever make it.

K390 Stretch 2 most likely.
Last edited by dan31 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Dazen wrote:
Gamecock wrote:
jdw wrote:
Too much riff raff for me in Austin, but U of Tx is an excellent school. I flew in from Illinois to look at the school, and it rocks. High academic standards and it's beautiful.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:46 pm
Dazen wrote:
Gamecock wrote:
jdw wrote:
Too much riff raff for me in Austin, but U of Tx is an excellent school. I flew in from Illinois to look at the school, and it rocks. High academic standards and it's beautiful.

I went to Texas A&M from an A&M family, we were born and raised to hate burnt orange. In the long run if it’s not to hard to get one of these sprints I may just end up dying the scales. Also, turn on your PM’s so I can send you a message about your Province.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Dazen wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:16 pm
I went to Texas A&M from an A&M family, we were born and raised to hate burnt orange. In the long run if it’s not to hard to get one of these sprints I may just end up dying the scales. Also, turn on your PM’s so I can send you a message about your Province.
I was accepted to A&M but went to Iowa State. I liked A&M a lot, but there was a lot going on in the family and being closer to my folks in Illinois won over.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

I mentioned that I want some Rex45 sprint run.....but I think it is going to be a Manix...I have a Chief, and having two same knives....it's so so
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Tanto PM2
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Spyderco benshot rocks glass.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

A pile of Watus!
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

•Native 5 Salt SE
•PM 2 Tanto
•K390 Delica (if it comes)
•CBN rods for the sharpmaker
•Micarta scales for my Cruwear Para 3
•One of the upcoming Rex45 sprint knives(undecided, maybe a Manix or shaman)
•An older Spyderco rare model I’m hunting on the secondary market/eBay.
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

all of them now. they all jumped a minimum of 10 to 15 dollars each. that took a 50$ cat and made it 60$, now it is harder to justify. the brouwer is now 190$ and didnt sell well at 175$ because it was overpriced to begin with.
i bought my first delica fo 68$ and that was ok, now a frn knife is over 85$ now its not worth the money. my first para 3 was 120$ now its 145$. wth is going on.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
stockliman

Post by stockliman »

Haunted House wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:56 pm
•Native 5 Salt SE
•PM 2 Tanto
•K390 Delica (if it comes)
•CBN rods for the sharpmaker
•Micarta scales for my Cruwear Para 3
•One of the upcoming Rex45 sprint knives(undecided, maybe a Manix or shaman)
•An older Spyderco rare model I’m hunting on the secondary market/eBay.
A great idea to play in the secondary/rare market. I do this for most of my purchases. Recent scores were a Rex-45 military for $170USD ( excellent condition user), a spydiechef for $176USD ( brand new) ,a cruwear pm2 for $145USD (BNIB), A like new Persian 2 for $85USD, and a C42 Howard Viele plain edge user for ~$100USD.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Me too!
Hopweaver wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:34 am
Tanto PM2
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
ThomC

Post by ThomC »

Saving for several : non-S30V Millie, Chap, Shaman, Native, P4LW among others. Probably only two of these this year and I like having different blade, lock and steel types.
So far nothing within my budget struck me in the reveal or the Shot show.
European amateur knife enthusiast
Hikes and outdoors galore
🏍️Motorcycle enthusiast
In the knoife box : M4 Millie, Spyderco Perrin Street Bowie, TOPS Tanimboca
In the future : CE/SE/Rex45/MagnaCut Millie, K2, Slysz Bowie, linerlock Sage