Backspacers for Millie & PM2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
archangel

Backspacers for Millie & PM2

Post by archangel »

I know that the Millie series has been designed with one focus of making them easily cleanable, and that a backspacer kind of defies this purpose. I have installed low cost backspacers to my Para 3 and PM2 anyway because I like the looks. After all I'd probably use a different spydie if I ever had to use them in the dirt - probably my Pacific Salt.

I now looked for a backspacer for my Millie - but only found a small handful of offers on the bay (where I look for such things usually).

Anyone have a clue why there are tons of backspacers for the PM2, some for the Para 3, but next to none for the Millie? I doubt that it is out of respect for Sal's initial design idea. I don't get it...
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Wartstein

Re: Backspacers for Millie & PM2

Post by Wartstein »

archangel wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:31 am
I know that the Millie series has been designed with one focus of making them easily cleanable, and that a backspacer kind of defies this purpose. I have installed low cost backspacers to my Para 3 and PM2 anyway because I like the looks. After all I'd probably use a different spydie if I ever had to use them in the dirt - probably my Pacific Salt.

I now looked for a backspacer for my Millie - but only found a small handful of offers on the bay (where I look for such things usually).

Anyone have a clue why there are tons of backspacers for the PM2, some for the Para 3, but next to none for the Millie? I doubt that it is out of respect for Sal's initial design idea. I don't get it...

I know this doesn't help a lot, but my custom Zirikote-wood-scale Millie did have a wooden backspacer.

The scales where made by Cuscadi, perhaps they'd sell just separate backspacers too?
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
archangel

Post by archangel »

Cuscadi stuff is great but also big bucks. But thanks.

Other sources for Millie backspacers at affordable prices welcome!
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Username827

Post by Username827 »

I got a backspacer for one of my PM2's from shepardcc off Instagram. Bought it in a whim, and it is made out of CF. Really enjoying it so far
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Username827 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:17 am
I got a backspacer for one of my PM2's from shepardcc off Instagram. Bought it in a whim, and it is made out of CF. Really enjoying it so far

I would avoid buying from shepardcc / 2focused4eva. A Google search for 'shepardcc scam' will turn up the relevant information.