Bombshell Flash Batch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Burchtree

Re: Bombshell Flash Batch

Post by Burchtree »

Thanks for all that have shown interest. If you have any design questions on it, feel free to ask.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I knew I've seen a Boker that reminded me of this knife. I'm seeing this one...

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BO01BO ... um-handles
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Burchtree wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:27 pm
Thanks for all that have shown interest. If you have any design questions on it, feel free to ask.
Thank you for an awesome design and collaboration! Do you have any pics of a side profile showing the backspacer and blade thickness?
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

Burchtree wrote:
Michael, were you involved in the decision about clip screws? Have you had requests for "pimped" clips for other production versions of your knives? I'm curious if you can swap in a clip from another one of your knives.
Just wondering if it's a consideration one way or the other when you plan these.
Burchtree

Post by Burchtree »

Dazen wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:17 pm
Burchtree wrote:
Thank you for an awesome design and collaboration! Do you have any pics of a side profile showing the backspacer and blade thickness?
Thank you! I don't have any pics of the side. I handled a production prototype for a few days, but didn't take any photos. The ratio of blade-to-handle was done well. I don't like when the handle was way too thick for the blade.
Burchtree

Post by Burchtree »

JacksonKnives wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:19 pm
Burchtree wrote:
Michael, were you involved in the decision about clip screws? Have you had requests for "pimped" clips for other production versions of your knives? I'm curious if you can swap in a clip from another one of your knives.
Just wondering if it's a consideration one way or the other when you plan these.
I wasn't on that one. I haven't used three screws in a long time. But, I also don't have a "set" screw pattern as the customs are all different.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Burchtree wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:29 am
Dazen wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:17 pm
Burchtree wrote:
Thank you! I don't have any pics of the side. I handled a production prototype for a few days, but didn't take any photos. The ratio of blade-to-handle was done well. I don't like when the handle was way too thick for the blade.
Thanks, even more excited now to get it in hand.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

After seeing it with Eric in the Shot Show 2020 Video I’m even more stoked! Thick blade with thin scales and the serial number on the inside of the Ti liners makes it a keeper AND user in my book.

But, there are only 1200 being made so I hope I can snag one!
Dane

archangel

Post by archangel »

Yeah, seeing it in motion and from all angles makes me want one even more. It would be my most expensive knife so far. I know I'd love it. I'm torn....
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

So a thick, short, wide, tall blade is definitely something I wouldnt hesitate to beat on if given the chance. Im not worried about breaking it but how is the steel in terms of chipping?
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

A couple questions:

What's a Spyderco liner lock like? I mean, I'm confident they do them well, but what is the lockup usually like? Early/late/right in the middle? Do they tend to settle in and stay there for a long time, or do they move a lot as they wear in? How's the detent?

Second, I *think* I understand the "flash batch" concept. But when they say they "will never be duplicated in the exact same form again", does that mean the actual model will never be produced again, or just not that combination of materials?

Either way, I'm going to try and be in for this one. Just gotta' come up with the funds...