Sun/Moon Chappy

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Edward_Scissorhands
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Edward_Scissorhands » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:38 pm

You guys seen this? Looks kinda cool:
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP152G ... g10-inlays

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 3200
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby TkoK83Spy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:40 pm

Check the reveal threads, these knives your mentioning in the past couple threads are being discussed in those threads all afternoon.
Currently have 20 :spyder: 's in 14 different steels.

-Rick

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 4425
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Wartstein » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:17 pm

Edward_Scissorhands wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:38 pm
You guys seen this? Looks kinda cool:
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP152G ... g10-inlays

Very cool... :)

Have a look at this tvread of 2019 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84056 , there it gets discussed extensively and in the first post is a link to a vid where Eric introduces the sun and moon Chap
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby JuPaul » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:49 pm

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:17 pm
Edward_Scissorhands wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:38 pm
You guys seen this? Looks kinda cool:
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP152G ... g10-inlays

Very cool... :)

Have a look at this tvread of 2019 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84056 , there it gets discussed extensively and in the first post is a link to a vid where Eric introduces the sun and moon Chap
Wartstein I'm so happy you're getting your Chappie! :p ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 4425
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Wartstein » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:51 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:49 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:17 pm
Edward_Scissorhands wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:38 pm
You guys seen this? Looks kinda cool:
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP152G ... g10-inlays

Very cool... :)

Have a look at this tvread of 2019 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84056 , there it gets discussed extensively and in the first post is a link to a vid where Eric introduces the sun and moon Chap
Wartstein I'm so happy you're getting your Chappie! :p ;)

Thanks! :)

... You won't get one...? ;)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

Edward_Scissorhands
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Edward_Scissorhands » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:18 pm

Thanks, I'll check out those other threads. Figured you guys must be talking about them, just wasn't sure where.

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby JuPaul » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:25 pm

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:51 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:49 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:17 pm
Edward_Scissorhands wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:38 pm
You guys seen this? Looks kinda cool:
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP152G ... g10-inlays

Very cool... :)

Have a look at this tvread of 2019 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84056 , there it gets discussed extensively and in the first post is a link to a vid where Eric introduces the sun and moon Chap
Wartstein I'm so happy you're getting your Chappie! :p ;)

Thanks! :)

... You won't get one...? ;)
I think I will! Apparently the chap deserves a 2nd chance. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
jdw
Member
Posts: 997
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Location: Red Dirt

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby jdw » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:26 am

This is the release that I have been waiting for. I love the concept of creating a knife representing celestial balance and the Tao. Well done.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 8171
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Doc Dan » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:56 am

This is on my list...a list that is ever expanding.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 4425
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Wartstein » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:56 am

jdw wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:26 am
This is the release that I have been waiting for. I love the concept of creating a knife representing celestial balance and the Tao. Well done.

+ 1

This is one of Spydercos best designs ever imho (or to put it better one of the best knife designs overall ever...)

For one considering the great knife just functionwise (a masterpiece even among Sals masterpieces imho, absolutely perfect for what it is)
But in this case also the sun and moon design. Just beautifull, in a masterfull way simplified, one CAN interpret meaning into it (yin and yang, sun and moon, ..) but does not have to.

Can´t wait to get my sun and moon Chap, despite already having the FRN version which actually does everything I want.
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

Cscottsss
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Lexington, KY

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Cscottsss » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:09 am

It was on my list but we'll see.......

Price is a little steep IMO.

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 4425
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Wartstein » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:17 am

Cscottsss wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:09 am
It was on my list but we'll see.......

Price is a little steep IMO.
Sure, 60 USD more than the FRN version.

But totally worth it for me!!

As I see it, I pay 1.) for a knife 2.) for a piece of art ;)

Plus I can imagine that manufacturing that handle with the two inlays, and that in good fit and finish, is more complicated than "just" uniformly G10...
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

Sildani
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Sildani » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:41 am

I’m getting one. It’ll be my “gentleman’s” folder to replace my old Jess Horn C34.

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 4425
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Wartstein » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:48 am

Sildani wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:41 am
I’m getting one. It’ll be my “gentleman’s” folder to replace my old Jess Horn C34.

You won´t regret it. The Chap indeed IS a perfect "gentleman folder", BUT also a very capable and surprisingly sturdy (outdoor- and general-) tool!
I used an abused my FRN Chappy a lot, it took it like a champ and even further convinced me, that thicker bladestock on small folders really is not necessary as long as the tip does not get TOO thin (and the Chaps tip is not too fragile due to the leaf shaped blade).
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:52 am

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Pancake » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:03 am

Not getting one, but I gave to admit that it is nice looking one.
Only thing thank I am not sure about is longetivity of that mother of pearl inlay if you EDC the knife.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE
On belt: Bow River, Waterway

User avatar
The Deacon
Member
Posts: 25087
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Upstate SC, USA
Contact:

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby The Deacon » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:41 am

I'm looking forward to this Chaparral. Put in my pre-order yesterday.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 4425
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Wartstein » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am

The Deacon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:41 am
I'm looking forward to this Chaparral. Put in my pre-order yesterday.
May I ask: Where can one preorder it already? (Though I really hope it will hit European dealers eventually too... much easier for me)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
The Deacon
Member
Posts: 25087
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Upstate SC, USA
Contact:

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby The Deacon » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am
The Deacon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:41 am
I'm looking forward to this Chaparral. Put in my pre-order yesterday.
May I ask: Where can one preorder it already? (Though I really hope it will hit European dealers eventually too... much easier for me)

There may be other dealers taking pre-orders as well, but mine is with KnifeCenter. Have no idea how their shipping rates to the EU are. They're also taking pre-orders for all the other models from Reveal 4.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 4425
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Wartstein » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:40 pm

The Deacon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:24 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am
The Deacon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:41 am
I'm looking forward to this Chaparral. Put in my pre-order yesterday.
May I ask: Where can one preorder it already? (Though I really hope it will hit European dealers eventually too... much easier for me)

There may be other dealers taking pre-orders as well, but mine is with KnifeCenter. Have no idea how their shipping rates to the EU are. They're also taking pre-orders for all the other models from Reveal 4.

Thanks, Paul! :)

I even get their newsletter, but rarely order due to the hazzle and time it takes (shipping to Europe), and also cause I generally think for an European it is a good idea to support European dealers, for several reasons, also in order to help a tiny bit in letting Spyderco expand worldwide even more and MAYBE rise the chances of more brick and mortar stores over here...

Last time I checked, I could NOT preorder the new items (or mabye just the sprints!?) from kc, but as of now I could, at least the sun and moon Chap (EDIT: And NOT the sprints: "Currently unavailable")
But since it is regular production I think I´ll see if it makes it to Europe.. Hope so, would hate to miss out on it, but don´t think so in that case
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
Coffeetron
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: Austria

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Postby Coffeetron » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:40 pm
The Deacon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:24 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am
The Deacon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:41 am
I'm looking forward to this Chaparral. Put in my pre-order yesterday.
May I ask: Where can one preorder it already? (Though I really hope it will hit European dealers eventually too... much easier for me)

There may be other dealers taking pre-orders as well, but mine is with KnifeCenter. Have no idea how their shipping rates to the EU are. They're also taking pre-orders for all the other models from Reveal 4.

Thanks, Paul! :)

I even get their newsletter, but rarely order due to the hazzle and time it takes (shipping to Europe), and also cause I generally think for an European it is a good idea to support European dealers, for several reasons, also in order to help a tiny bit in letting Spyderco expand worldwide even more and MAYBE rise the chances of more brick and mortar stores over here...

Last time I checked, I could NOT preorder the new items (or mabye just the sprints!?) from kc, but as of now I could, at least the sun and moon Chap (EDIT: And NOT the sprints: "Currently unavailable")
But since it is regular production I think I´ll see if it makes it to Europe.. Hope so, would hate to miss out on it, but don´t think so in that case
I once bought from KC and was very happy. Shipping was cheap and fast. Tbh. you wont usually wait long for shipping, its customs processing that can take weeks :( Unfortunately we have to add (10 + x * 1,2)€ to the price.

I'll ask knives and tools if they have them incoming... end price might be similar though..


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 013, ABX2011, bdblue, Bloke, Buddafucco, Google [Bot], Lodestar, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSN [Bot], Spydergirl88, Theldraskien and 37 guests