Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
toocool006
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: New Orleans

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby toocool006 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:24 pm

Watu, where y'at?
~andrew

User avatar
sal
Member
Posts: 13659
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Golden, Colorado USA

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby sal » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:37 pm

on the way.

sal

User avatar
toocool006
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: New Orleans

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby toocool006 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:50 pm

sal wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:37 pm
on the way.

sal


:D :D :D :D :D

Thank you, Sal! So very excited for this special slicer :cool:
~andrew

User avatar
VooDooChild
Member
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 am

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby VooDooChild » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:16 pm

Wheeerrre are you, watu, watu

How does that Who song go again? :D
sal wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 pm
... "The edge is a ghost"...

Marulaghost
Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby Marulaghost » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Can't wait for this one!

User avatar
DSH007
Member
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Merrimac, MA

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby DSH007 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:03 pm

Just got a notification from the Spyderco app.. "Watu Now Shipping!"

My "stimulus" check was deposited today as well.. convenient timing! :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7145
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby Spydergirl88 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:43 pm

It has begun

User avatar
toocool006
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: New Orleans

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby toocool006 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:59 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Not showing in stock at the SFO yet but I'm sure it will be any day now. Release of the year for me (until they reveal the swayback this fall :p ???)
~andrew

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 3092
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby Sumdumguy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:50 pm

I saw the notification and was seriously considering it, but I can't afford it AND the Rex Lil Native...

I think the Watu will lose that battle

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2720
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby Mushroom » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:59 pm

Not sure if I want to pick this one up right away or keep waiting for the Rex45 Lil Native Sprint. Definitely gotta grab one of these at some point though!
- Nick

:spyder:

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2720
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby Mushroom » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:01 pm

Sumdumguy wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:50 pm
I saw the notification and was seriously considering it, but I can't afford it AND the Rex Lil Native...

I think the Watu will lose that battle
I'm thinking the same thing right now. :D I think I'll prioritize the sprint run over the regular production model for the time being.
- Nick

:spyder:

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 3092
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby Sumdumguy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:35 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:01 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:50 pm
I saw the notification and was seriously considering it, but I can't afford it AND the Rex Lil Native...

I think the Watu will lose that battle
I'm thinking the same thing right now. :D I think I'll prioritize the sprint run over the regular production model for the time being.
Yep, that's basically it.

I also have a strong desire to get a Lil' Temp 3, but again, for $10 less I get the LN...

The worst part is having the money to buy all of them, but having to be responsible and keep a large portion of my assets liquid, in these wonderful times. Just in case!

User avatar
brj
Member
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:31 am
Location: Bucharest, Romania, Europe, Earth

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby brj » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:10 am

My most anticipated buy of the year, bring it on

ugaarguy
Member
Posts: 978
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:07 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby ugaarguy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:50 am

sal wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:37 pm
on the way.

sal
When is the next batch due? They're already sold out from the SFO in less than a day :(

User avatar
toocool006
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: New Orleans

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby toocool006 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:22 pm

ugaarguy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:50 am
sal wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:37 pm
on the way.

sal
When is the next batch due? They're already sold out from the SFO in less than a day :(
It's showing in stock now at the SFO. Since I don't get that sweet OpFocus discount, I'll be waiting for my usual dealers to get it at MAP. Can't wait to start seeing photos of this in the wild though (hint hint).
~andrew

Peacedivision
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:31 am

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby Peacedivision » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:30 pm

toocool006 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:22 pm
ugaarguy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:50 am
sal wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:37 pm
on the way.

sal
When is the next batch due? They're already sold out from the SFO in less than a day :(
It's showing in stock now at the SFO. Since I don't get that sweet OpFocus discount, I'll be waiting for my usual dealers to get it at MAP. Can't wait to start seeing photos of this in the wild though (hint hint).
Currently in stock at GPKnives

ugaarguy
Member
Posts: 978
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:07 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby ugaarguy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:38 pm

toocool006 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:22 pm
ugaarguy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:50 am
sal wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:37 pm
on the way.

sal
When is the next batch due? They're already sold out from the SFO in less than a day :(
It's showing in stock now at the SFO. Since I don't get that sweet OpFocus discount, I'll be waiting for my usual dealers to get it at MAP. Can't wait to start seeing photos of this in the wild though (hint hint).
Good looking out, thank you. I've ordered one, and I'll be sure to get some pictures up once it arrives. :D

User avatar
toocool006
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: New Orleans

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby toocool006 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:04 pm

Peacedivision wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:30 pm
Currently in stock at GPKnives
Thanks for the heads up. I was too slow, hoping I can grab this at DLT or knife center to get bonus points, but honestly I'm very excited (and a little surprised) that this sold so quick! Would love to get a Sprint on this guy, so strong sales are my best friend :D
~andrew

User avatar
Dazen
Member
Posts: 750
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:38 am
Location: Texas U.S.A. Earth

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby Dazen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:10 pm

Mine should be here Monday, can’t wait! Monday just happens to be my wife’s birthday too :D

ugaarguy
Member
Posts: 978
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:07 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Postby ugaarguy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:17 pm

toocool006 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:04 pm
Peacedivision wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:30 pm
Currently in stock at GPKnives
Thanks for the heads up. I was too slow, hoping I can grab this at DLT or knife center to get bonus points, but honestly I'm very excited (and a little surprised) that this sold so quick! Would love to get a Sprint on this guy, so strong sales are my best friend :D
What blade and handle material would you want for a sprint? I'm pretty excited to get such thin blade stock with a FFG in 20CV from Spyderco.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], legOFwhat?, Tgmr05 and 37 guests