Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bbturbodad

Re: Watu...AKA Lil Chokwe

Post by bbturbodad »

Ramonade wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:49 am
I played with the big brother yesterday and wanted to show the result ! Did not feel the need for a new thread for it though :winking-tongue .

I used some carbon fiber and I have to say that I'm really pleased with the result for my first attempt at folder scale(s) !
Well done...They look great!
-Turbo
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Ramonade wrote:
I played with the big brother yesterday and wanted to show the result ! Did not feel the need for a new thread for it though :winking-tongue .

I used some carbon fiber and I have to say that I'm really pleased with the result for my first attempt at folder scale(s) !

https://i.imgur.com/enec5Ml.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1BxGTDo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gnPEhGK.jpg

Of course, the Watu is coming soon :bug-red :bug-red
Really awesome looking material choice, that looks fantastic! That same CF would’ve been a really great choice for the Kapara.
-Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Great job Robin ! Scales look fantastic ! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:18 am
Ramonade wrote:
Those are awesome Robin!! I have been looking for a scale solution for the Watu. Let us know when you get your online store up and running. ;)
I'm eyeing at way too expensive for me (for now) tooling, more and more, each day... :squinting-tongue
For now, scales that don't include nested liners should be ok ! I want to make more with my own stuff just to be sure to be able to replicate as good or better, but it's on a good way :grin-big eyes
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:19 am
Great job Robin ! Scales look fantastic ! Dan
Mushroom wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:53 am
Really awesome looking material choice, that looks fantastic! That same CF would’ve been a really great choice for the Kapara.
bbturbodad wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:47 am
Well done...They look great!
ChrisinHove wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:16 am
Wow! Very nice!
Wartstein wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:08 am
Rightfully so!! :O -... amazing scales, honestly!!! :clapping-hands :clinking-mugs

And of course, thanks everyone else for your kind words ! I've ordered some of the same material for the Watu. Its gonna be another level of work but I'm impatient to start!

I'd love to have a Kapara in hand and see if I could make some scales for it too. Sadly Ive stopped buying for the first time since I started. I need to put money aside now :winking-tongue
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds