Reveal 4, What's your favorite release?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sok

Re: Reveal 4, What's your favorite release?

Post by sok »

The Para 3 Lightweight SPY27 is what interests me the most. I have been carrying the Para 3 lately but haven’t purchased a LW yet.

The new steel is what I am most excited about. I think it will be fun evaluating it at the same time as the rest of the world.

I am trying to determine if I should preorder.
Wartstein

Re: Reveal 4, What's your favorite release?

Post by Wartstein »

The Deacon wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:05 am
Pancake wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:04 am
Oh yeah, very true, everyone has their own taste and needs.
For some reason I think that Nightstick has a hole in blade in a center, not on the second bevel....interesting desing choice....

I'll grant you that catalog illustrations have occasionally been inaccurate in the past. I'll also grant you that I may be making assumptions and seeing things that aren't there, would not be the first time that happened. For those reasons, I can't rule out the production Nightstick having a centered hole. However, when I look at the picture in Reveal 4, I'm seeing what I believe to be a hole in the unsharpened edge's bevel, above an to the right of the :spyder: logo.

Maybe the thought process behind the hole being not centered, but in the unsharpened bevel, is exactly that this makes it quicker and easier to detect which one the unsharpened (and which one the sharpened) bevel is?

Just a thought.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)