Reveal 4, What's your favorite release?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Re: Reveal 4, What's your favorite release?

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

Does anyone have an educated guess on when the spy27 P3 LW will come out? Or any of the models at all?

I know that spyderco officially stopped doing estimates. Just curious if there has been anything unofficial?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Pancake wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:44 am
The Deacon wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:19 am
Well, I mustn't have been wearing my reading glasses when I looked at the Reveal. Nightstick is only single edge and has a useless hole in the blade, so it's off my list. Sun Moon Chap is now #1 and Rock Glass #2 for me.
You could always grind the other edge on the Nightstick and put an edge on it.......but I never fully understand what is a dagger blade good for in normal life...

Guess I could, but I'd probably wind up paying someone to do it for me rather than risk botching the job. While I've never minded paying the "my way tax", there'd still be that silly hole to annoy me, plus the meh looking black G10 handle that doesn't look easy to replace. If I decide to get another DE dagger, I can pay less and get an AG Russell Sting that's already DE, has gorgeous stag scales, and a blade free from holes.

As for understanding the allure of DE blades, you don't have to. Tastes differ, and there are plenty of things folks, including some here, do that leave me scratching my head.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

The Deacon wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:58 am

As for understanding the allure of DE blades, you don't have to. Tastes differ, and there are plenty of things folks, including some here, do that leave me scratching my head.
Oh yeah, very true, everyone has their own taste and needs.
For some reason I think that Nightstick has a hole in blade in a center, not on the second bevel....interesting desing choice....
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

The problem with the Nightstick is if it were double edged it would be illegal to carry almost everywhere. Florida’s language bans “dirks” and “daggers” among other things. Not sure why, a standard Phillips screwdriver would be just as stabby-murdery with the right intent behind it. But you know, politicians gonna politate.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I like the Nightstick, but wish that it was a 5.5 inch blade. I have 4 daggers that are around 4 inches long. 2 pairs; a set from KaBar made out of S35VN, and a set from Les George made out of CTS-XHP.

We will see. I'm not that in to short daggers, but that is all that is being made. I also have 2 RMJ Raider Daggers, which are not short and I like that.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Since I love the Para 3 LW, I will be purchasing both the Para 3 LW Cobalt Blue FRN w/ CPM SPY27 Steel and the Para 3 LW Burnt Orange w/ REX 45 Sprint.
Last edited by JaseRicco on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
ucfgrad93

Post by ucfgrad93 »

My favorites are..

Nightstick
Para 3 in S45VN
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Pancake wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:04 am
Oh yeah, very true, everyone has their own taste and needs.
For some reason I think that Nightstick has a hole in blade in a center, not on the second bevel....interesting desing choice....

I'll grant you that catalog illustrations have occasionally been inaccurate in the past. I'll also grant you that I may be making assumptions and seeing things that aren't there, would not be the first time that happened. For those reasons, I can't rule out the production Nightstick having a centered hole. However, when I look at the picture in Reveal 4, I'm seeing what I believe to be a hole in the unsharpened edge's bevel, above an to the right of the :spyder: logo.

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

The Deacon wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:58 am

Wise words indeed.
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

I might have to try out some REX45. But I'm definitely going to have to get that Astute. I'm not a huge fan of liner locks or 8cr. Neither one is a deal breaker for me on that knife though. It looks like more ergonomic perfection from Spyderco.
Ric

Post by Ric »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:48 am
Does anyone have an educated guess on when the spy27 P3 LW will come out? Or any of the models at all?

I know that spyderco officially stopped doing estimates. Just curious if there has been anything unofficial?
Officially when the next reveal happens all models should be delivered. But from reveal 3 Siren and Para 3 LW all black are still missing.

Para 3 I would say April to May...
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

Ric wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:45 pm
AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:48 am

Officially when the next reveal happens all models should be delivered. But from reveal 3 Siren and Para 3 LW all black are still missing.

Para 3 I would say April to May...

Para 3 LW in all black has been in stores for a few weeks now. So maybe that’s a good sign!
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Piggy backing off the last couple comments, would there be some type of official notice letting us know when each knife in the reveal is available and which vendors will be getting what knives?
Last edited by JaseRicco on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Did the counter puppies get released?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JaseRicco wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:41 pm
Piggy backing off the last couple comments, would there be some type of official notice letting us know when each knife in the reveal is available and which vendors will be getting what knives?
If you get the spyderco app, you can get notifications when items start shipping to dealers. Most online dealers will get at least a few of the sprints, and will stock the production models. Seems like the bigger vendors usually get bigger shipments.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Johncjeff

Post by Johncjeff »

I’m a fan of smaller knives so the REX 45 Lil Native is the one on my wish list. On a side note, I bought my first Spyderco three long weeks ago, and in less than a month my collection has grown to 6 total Spydercos. Is there a self help forum? I’m afraid that this new found obsession is heading for bankruptcy and a possible divorce. Any help would be appreciated ;)
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

JuPaul wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:22 pm
JaseRicco wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:41 pm
If you get the spyderco app, you can get notifications when items start shipping to dealers. Most online dealers will get at least a few of the sprints, and will stock the production models. Seems like the bigger vendors usually get bigger shipments.

That's true, these are Sprints, not exclusives, so your'e right, most vendors will be getting at least some type of shipments on these.

Thank you.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

JaseRicco wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:57 pm
Since I love the Para 3 LW, I will be purchasing both the Para 3 LW Cobalt Blue FRN w/ SPM SPY27 Steel and the Para 3 LW Burnt Orange w/ REX 45 Sprint.

Same here. I passed on the DLT red M390 but I'll be grabbing both of these.

Oh, and to someone else in this thread, the all black Para 3 LW is in stock at several online sites. ;)
Last edited by Cscottsss on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Cscottsss wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:38 am
JaseRicco wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:57 pm
Since I love the Para 3 LW, I will be purchasing both the Para 3 LW Cobalt Blue FRN w/ SPM SPY27 Steel and the Para 3 LW Burnt Orange w/ REX 45 Sprint.
Same here. I passed on the DLT red M390 but I'll be grabbing both of these.

Oh, and to someone else in this thread, the all black Para 3 LW is in stock at several online sites. ;)

Ya, I pass on anything that's not FRN as I the less weight in the pocket the better, for my situations anyway.

And I didn't purchase the all black Para 3 LW, because though I love the way a blacked out knife looks, I feel like the black coating on these types of knives, all brands included, will eventually start showing wear, so I usually stay away from black coated blades.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Johncjeff wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:30 pm
Is there a self help forum? I’m afraid that this new found obsession is heading for bankruptcy and a possible divorce. Any help would be appreciated ;)
On this form, it is guaranteed that if you ask, "Should I get knife X or knife Y?" the answer will always be "Both!"